Research on Enterprise Monopoly Based on Lotka-Volterra Model
Monopoly can cause enormous market problems. The common characteristics of an enterprise evolution are much like those of a biodiversity evolution. In this paper, using the complex system theory and the ecological population evolution theory, we study and discover that an enterprise scale evolution trend accords with a Logistic model. After establishing a Lotka-Volterra evolutionary model of competition between two enterprises, we establish a Lotka-Volterra model of competition among multiple enterprises in a market. Through the analysis of these models, we can understand the essence of enterprise monopoly. By the analyses above, the government can forecast enterprise monopoly for a market in order to avoid corresponding risks early.
KeywordsMonopoly Lotka-Volterra (LV) model Logistic model
This research reported herein was supported by the NSFC of China under Grants No. 71571091 and 71771112.
- 2.Hu, H.: Deduction of natural monopoly theory. Master’s thesis of Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Xu, X., Gao, S., Zhou, Q., Liu, J.: Study on evolution of the port system along “maritime silk road” based on logistics and Lotka-Volterra model. Oper. Res. Manage. Sci. 7(8), 172–181 (2018)Google Scholar
- 5.Chen, H., Luan, W., Wang, Y.: Evolution model and empirical analysis of port growth. Port Eng. Technol. 46(2), 41–44 (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Cai, M.: Research on evolution of large civil aircraft industry based on logistics model. J. Harbin Univ. Commer. (Nat. Sci. Edn.) 31(3), 374–377 (2015)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhou, Z.: Study on competition-cooperation relations of container ports based on Lotka-Volterra model. Chang’an University (2015)Google Scholar
- 8.Guo, Y., Wu, Z.: A study on knowledge creation of technological innovative network based on Lotka-Volterra model. J. Intell. 31(6), 139–143 (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Li, K., An, S., Wang, C., Zhu, X.: Competition mechanism of enterprises’ knowledge transmission based on Lotka-Volterra ecological model. R&D Manage. 30(3), 75–84 (2018)Google Scholar
- 10.Kun, W., Yan, Z.: Linear Algebra and Its Applications, pp. 60–65. Machinery Industry Press, Beijing (2007)Google Scholar
- 11.Li, B., Yu, S.: Some new results of N-population autonomous competition system in Lotka-Volterra model. Applied Mathematics 27(3), 556–564 (2004)Google Scholar
- 13.Wang, Y., Xie, W.: A study on dynamic competition between the imitator and the innovator in the ecommerce model. Sci. Sci. Manage. S&T 34(6), 44–51 (2013)Google Scholar
- 14.Li, S., Li, S.: Analysis of the competition situation and evolution of domestic civil aviation market based on a nonautonomous Lotka-Volterra model. J. Xi’an Univ. Financ. Econ. 30(30), 35–42 (2018)Google Scholar