Study on the Effect of Electronic Map Color Scheme on Operation Performance
Electronic map is widely used in our daily life. The color matching of electronic map affects the recognition speed of users. In order to improve the user’s recognition and search speed of the target, based on the actual needs of the user, this study proposes four color schemes for the existing electronic map, and carries out experimental research in the indoor light source environment. In the experiment, task performance index and subjective evaluation method are adopted to obtain the optimal scheme 3, followed by scheme 4. The conclusion of this study can be used in electronic map design.
KeywordsElectronic map The color Objective search
This study was supported by the projects with the Grant No. JCKY2016206A001 and No. 41412040304.
- 1.Li, Z., He, L., Xie, P.: Research on color map design model of electronic map based on map perception theory. J. Mapp. Spat. Geogr. Inform. 10, 187–189 (2017). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 2.Hua, G., Xi, J., Zhao, N.: Comparison of ergonomics of color display on CRT, LCD and PDP. J. Ergonomics. 7(2), 5–9 (2001). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 3.Zhang, D., Zhang, Z., Yang, H.: VDT interface color visual work efficiency: the influence of hue factors on visual performance. J. Psychol. Sci. 31(2), 328–331 (2008). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 4.Yang, G., Tang, B., Fang, Y.: Ergonomic study on VDU. J. Psychol. Sci. 1, 40–46 (1989)Google Scholar
- 5.Santucci, G., Menu, J.P., Valot, C.: Visual acuity in color contrast on cathode ray tubes: role of luminance, hue, and saturation contrasts. J. Aviat. Space Environ. Med. 53(5), 478 (1982)Google Scholar
- 6.Neri, D.F., Luria, S.M., Kobus, D.A.: The detection of various color combinations under different chromatic ambient illuminations. J. Aviat. Space Environ. Med. 57(6), 555–560 (1986)Google Scholar