Structural Analysis of Spinal Column to Estimate Intervertebral Disk Load for a Mobile Posture Improvement Support System
In this study a support system to prevent by himself/herself before suffering from lumbago is developed. The load on the intervertebral disk is indirectly estimated using the measured shape of the lumbar part for that. In this paper, assuming that the lumbar vertebrae is a beam, the weight of the upper body and the rotation angle of the pelvis are considered as factors affecting its shape when the body bends forward. So structural analysis is performed. As a result, it was found that the upper moment of the spinal column has an effect of inducing a bad posture, the lower moment has an effect of maintaining the curvature of the spinal column to keep a good posture.
KeywordsSpinal column curvature Beam Deflection curve Lumbar intervertebral disk load Prevention of lumbago
This work was supported by JSPS KAKENHI Grant Number JP18K11106.
- 1.Andersson, B.J.G., Örtengren, R., Nachemson, A., Elfström, G.: Lumbar disc pressure and myoelectric back muscle activity during sitting, I. Studies on an experimental chair. Scand. J. Rehab. Med. 6, 104–114 (1974)Google Scholar
- 2.Shibata, K., Inoue, Y., Iwata, Y., Katagawa, J., Fujii, R.: Study on noninvasive estimate method for intervertebral disk load at lumbar vertebrae. Jpn. Soc. Mech. Eng. 78(791), 2483–2495 (2012). (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 3.Suzuki, Y., Shibata, K., Sonobe, M., Inoue, Y., Satoh, H.: Noninvasive estimation of lumber disk load during motion to improve the posture. In: AHFE 2017, pp. 578–588 (2017)Google Scholar
- 4.Shibata, K., Tsuyoshi, Y., Inoue, Y., Satoh, H., Sonobe, M.: Noninvasive estimation of lumbar intervertebral disk load using multiple regression analysis to consider the pelvic tilt. In: IHSED 2018, pp. 933–938 (2018)Google Scholar
- 5.Kudo, N., Yamada, Y., Ito, D., Honjou, A.: A basic examination of lumbar burden evaluation based on elastic beam theory. In: Proceedings of the 2016 JSME Conference on Robotics and Mechatronics, 16–2, 1A2-13b4 (2016). (in Japanese)Google Scholar