From a managerial point of view, the concept of organizational insight is one of the important concepts in terms of evaluating the current situation by taking lessons from the history of the organization and shaping provisions for the future through conscious planning and organizational vision. It can be said that organizational insight in organizations is high and organizational communication is strong when organizational consciousness is high. Considering that organizations with high organizational awareness are also intelligent organizations, organizational intelligence is high in organizations with high insight. It is a fact that string theory, which is the newest theory in the contemporary world and is mostly concentrated in the physical world, also influences leadership. In this chapter, we define insightful leaders that bring order to the organizations they lead and the abilities of insightful leaders in terms of nonlinearity and organizational intelligence.
KeywordsLeadership Insight Organizational insight Insightful leadership String theory
- Economy, P. (2015). 24 things exceptionally insightful leaders will never do. Inc. https://www.inc.com/peter-economy/24-things-exceptionally-insightful-leaders-will-never-do.html. Accessed 1 Sept 2019.
- Erçetin, Ş. Ş. (2000). Örgütsel zeka (Organizational intelligence). Kuram ve Uygulamada Eğitim Yönetimi, 24, 509–526.Google Scholar
- Erçetin, Ş. Ş. (2001). Örgütsel zekâ (Organizational intelligence). Ankara: Nobel Yayın Dağıtım.Google Scholar
- Erçetin, Ş. Ş., Açıkalın, Ş. N., Güngör, H., & Potas, N. (2018). Chapter 22: Reflection of quantum entanglement principle to organization theory “organizational insight”. In Ş. Ş. Erçetin (Ed.), Chaos, complexity and leadership 2016 (pp. 309–315). Cham: Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-64554-4_22.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Erçetin, Ş. Ş., Çetin, B., & Potas, N. (2007). Multi-dimensional organizational intelligence scale “muldimorins”. World Applied Sciences Journal, 2(3), 151–157.Google Scholar
- Fergusson, C. (2018). The insightful leader: Find your leadership superpowers, crush limiting beliefs, and abolish self-sabotaging behaviors. Santa Barbara: Praeger.Google Scholar
- Nikula, R. E. (1999). Organizational and technological insight as important factors for successful implementation of IT. Proceedings of AMIA Symposium, 585–588. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2232858/.
- Vicentini, F., Brunetta, F., & Capo, F. (2017). Building organizational insight: Strategy and organization. In Ü. Hacıoğlu, H. Dinçer, & N. Alayoğlu (Eds.), Global business strategies in crisis. Contributions to management science. Cham: Springer.Google Scholar
- Zhu, P. (2013). Three “I”s in insightful leaders. Future of CIO. http://futureofcio.blogspot.com/2013/01/three-is-in-insightful-leaders.html. Accessed 1 Sept 2019.