The Simulation and Experiment Study of a Wearable, Flexible and Transparent Biomimetic Voltage Source
- 28 Downloads
In this paper, a biomimetic transparent and flexible solid-state electrolytes voltage source was proposed. The ion-transport mechanism was discussed, and finite element method was used to simulate the voltage generated by different parameters. Finally, the experimental study was performed. The generated voltage was measured and compared to the simulation results. Based on the simulation and experiments, a wearable, flexible and transparent voltage source was finally designed and fabricated.
KeywordsBiomimetic Flexible voltage source Biomaterials Wearable equipment
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (grant nos. 61603002 and 61773274), the Plan of Funding Outstanding Innovation Projects Launched by Talents Returning from Studying Overseas of Anhui Province (grant no. 2017-20), The Natural Science Foundation of the Jiangsu Higher Education Institutions of China (18KJB460026).
- 1.Park, S., Parida, K., Lee, P.S.: Deformable and transparent ionic and electronic conductors for soft energy devices. Adv. Ener. Mater. 7(1701369), 1–33 (2017)Google Scholar
- 2.Jeong, J.W., Yeo, W.H., Akhtar, A., Norton, J.J.S., Kwack, Y.J., Li, S., Jung, S.Y., Su, Y., Lee, W., Xia, J., Cheng, H., Huang, Y., Choi, W.S., Bretl, T., Rogers, J.A.: Materials and optimized designs for human-machine interfaces via epidermal electronics. Adv. Mater. 25(47), 6839–6846 (2013)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.Johannsmeier, S., Ripken, T., Heisterkamp, A., Heinemann, D., Torres, M.L.: Hydrogels for efficient light delivery in optogenetic applications. Optogenet. Opt. Manip. 104820, 1–10 (2018)Google Scholar
- 8.Tian, K., Bae, J., Bakarich, S.E., Yang, C., Gately, R.D., Spinks, G.M., in het Panhuis, M., Suo, Z., Vlassak, J.J.: 3D printing of transparent and conductive heterogeneous hydrogel–elastomer systems. Adv. Mater. 29(10), 1–10 (2017)Google Scholar
- 9.Schroeder, T.B.H., Guha, A., Lamoureux, A., Vanrenterghem, G., Sept, D., Shtein, M., Yang, J., Mayer, M.: An electric-eel-inspired soft power source from stacked hydrogels. Nature (2017)Google Scholar