Calculation of Offshore Platform Internal Force Based on the Secondary Development of ANSYS
A numerical model is set up with ANSYS based on an oil platform located in the Bohai Sea. The control file, the macro document and the command flow are compiled through the User Interface Design Language and the ANSYS Parametric Design Language provided by ANSYS itself. By increasing menu items in the main menu, the phase angle corresponding to the largest wave force can be automatically found out. The operating process becomes easier for users. The base shear is calculated by the combined effect of the oceanic environmental conditions, such as wave heights, wind speeds and current speeds. It establishes foundation to establish an empirical equation of the base shear or overall moment of ocean platform based on the oceanic environments.
KeywordsANSYS secondary development Wave Load Offshore platform
- 1.Yang, S., Teng, M., Meng, Z., et al.: The application of finite element analysis software ANSYS in marine engineering (Continuation 1): The second lecture finite element analysis of jacket platform structure using ANSYS program. China Offshore Platf. 15(4), 40–46 (2000)Google Scholar
- 2.Game Studio: ANSYS 9.0 Advanced Analytical Techniques for Classical Products and Detailed Examples, pp. 37–40. China Water Resources and Hydropower Press, Beijing (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Wen, Y.K., Banon, H.: Development of environmental combination design criteria for fixed platforms in the Gulf of Mexico. In: Proceedings of Offshore Technology Conference: OTC6540, pp. 365–375. American Petroleum Institute, Houston, USA (1991)Google Scholar
- 4.Ou, J., Xiao, Y., Duan, Z., et al.: Structural system reliability analysis for offshore platforms based on the joint probabilistic model of wind and wave. Ocean Eng. 21(4), 1–7 (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Zhang, Y., Jin, W., Li, Z.: System reliability analysis method for offshore jacket platforms under extreme loads. Ocean Eng. 19(4), 15–20 (2001)Google Scholar