Identifying and Applying for Funding
In the current environment of dwindling national level funding, the need to properly identify and successful apply for funding is ever more critical. Armed with your research strategy, assuring that the funding source aligns with your strategy and not vice-versa is critical. Diligence in reading the announcement or solicitation carefully is important to assure qualification status, time-lines, budget allowance, and many other critical factors. Involvement of a program manager and editorial team is important with increasing chances of success.
KeywordsHealthcare simulation research Grant-writing Grant-application Processes
- AHRQ. Tips for grant applicants. Agency for healthcare research and quality, Rockville. http://www.ahrq.gov/funding/process/grant-app-basics/apptips.html. Accessed 18 Sept 2017.
- Federal business opportunities. https://www.fbo.gov/.
- Grants.gov. https://www.grants.gov/.
- Institute of medicine: strategies to leverage research funding: guiding DOD’s peer reviewed medical research programs. Chapter 2 sources of funding for biomedical research.Google Scholar
- NIH. What to know before you start writing. National Institutes of health. https://grants.nih.gov/grants/how-to-apply-application-guide/format-and-write/write-your-application.htm. Accessed 18 Sept 2017.
- U.S. Army Medical Research Acquisition Activity (USAMRAA). https://www.usamraa.army.mil/Pages/Main01.aspx.