The Fog-Computing Based Reliability Enhancement in the Robot Swarm
The current paper deals with the swarm robots reliability. Cloud robotics, fog robotics and the Internet of the Robotic Things are the fast growing scientific fields nowadays, yet the terms “cloud” and “fog” relate to the network facilities and devices rather than the swarm. In this paper the new approach is proposed, to place a fog-like structure into the swarm and so to affect the reliability of those robots, which need the reliability correction. To show the potential of the approach proposed, simple models are developed, as well as some simulations have been made. Based on the simulation results, “greedy” and “egoistic” strategies are proposed to affect the robots reliability.
KeywordsRobot swarm Fog robotics Fog-computing Reliability Cloud robotics Optimization
The current study is granted by the RFBR projects 19-07-00907 and 17-08-01605.
- 3.León, A., et al.: SLAM and map merging. J. Phys. Agents 3(1), 13–23 (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Konolige, K., et al.: Map merging for distributed robot navigation. In: Intelligent Robots and Systems Proceedings, vol. 1, pp. 212–217. IEEE, Las Vegas (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Dey, S., Mukherjee, A.: Robotic SLAM: a review from fog computing and mobile edge computing perspective. In: Adjunct Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems: Computing Networking Services, pp. 153–158 (2016)Google Scholar
- 12.Inaltekin, H., Gorlatova, M., Mung, C.: Virtualized control over fog: interplay between reliability and latency, CoRR. https://arxiv.org/pdf/1712.00100.pdf. Accessed 5 Apr 2019
- 13.Jawhar, I., Mohamed, N., Wu, J., Al-Jaroodi, J.: Networking of multi-robot systems: architectures and requirements. Sens. Actuator Netw. Feature Papers 7(52), 1–16 (2018)Google Scholar
- 15.Zlot, R., Stentz, A., Dias, M.B., Thayer, S.: Multi-robot exploration controlled by a market economy. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, ICRA 2002, vol. 3, pp. 3016–3023. IEEE, Washington, DC (2002)Google Scholar
- 17.Simoens, P., Dragone, M., Saffiotti, A.: The internet of robotic things: a review of concept, added value and applications. Int. J. Adv. Rob. Syst. 15(1), 1–11 (2018)Google Scholar
- 18.Kuffner, J.J.: Cloud-enabled robots. In: Proceedings of the IEEE-RAS International Conference on Humanoid Robots, Nashville, TN, USA, pp. 176–181 (2010)Google Scholar
- 20.Krishna, S.L., et al.: Fog robotics for efficient, fluent and robust human-robot interaction. In: 17th IEEE International Symposium on Network Computing and Applications (NCA 2018). https://arxiv.org/abs/1811.05578. Accessed 5 Apr 2019