Evaluation of Strategic Initiatives with MCDA for Issuing Natural Disaster Alerts
The chapter presents a multi-criteria decision model in order to support the evaluation and the definition of strategic initiatives by a Brazilian organization responsible for issuing natural disaster alerts. The model focused on values will allow the organization to establish priority programs and projects in line with its strategic objective.
KeywordsMulti-criteria decision model Strategic initiatives Natural disaster alerts
This paper has been partially funded by Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior—CAPES.
- 3.Belton, V., Stewart, T.J.: Problem structuring and MCDA. In: Ehrgott, J., Figueira, R., Greco, S. (eds.) Trends in multiple criteria decision analysis. Springer, New York (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Carter, W.N.: Disaster management: a disaster manager’s handbook. Asian Development Bank, Philippines (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Ensslin, L., Montibeller Neto, G., Noronha, S.M.D.: Apoio à Decisão: Metodologias para Estruturação de Problemas e Avaliação Multicritério de Alternativas. Insular, Florianópolis (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Franco, L.A., Montibeller Neto, G.: Problem structuring for multicriteria decision analysis interventions. Wiley Encyclopedia of Operations Research and Management Science (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Hammond, J.S., Kenney, R.L.: Making smart choices in engineering. IEEE Spectrum (1999)Google Scholar
- 9.Keeney, R.L.: Value-focused thinking: a path to creative decision-making. Harvard University Press, Cambridge (1992)Google Scholar
- 12.Khan, H., Vasilescu, L.G., Asmatullah, K.: Disaster management cycle—a theoretical approach. J. Manag. Market. 6(1), 43–50 (2008)Google Scholar
- 13.Teisberg, T.J., Weiher, R.F.: Background paper on the benefits and costs of early warning systems for major natural hazards. World Bank, Washington (2009)Google Scholar
- 14.United Nations Office for Disaster Risk, UNISDR.: Terminology on disaster risk reduction. Available at http://www.preventionweb.net/english/professional/terminology/v.php?id=478. Accessed data 12 May 2018