Hospital Delayed Transfer of Care (Delayed Discharges)
This Chapter describes the persistent issue in health care delivery of delayed hospital discharges, its proposed solutions and the contribution of system dynamics modelling to clarify the problem and provide insights. Two models are described which are typical of the many studies carried out by the authors on this subject.
- Age UK Press release 9/7/2018.Google Scholar
- Bate, A. (2017, June). Delayed transfers of care in the NHS. Briefing paper no 7415. House of Commons Library.Google Scholar
- Kings Fund/Nuffield Trust. (2017). The autumn budget: Joint statement on health and social care. Nuffield Trust, Health Foundation, Kings Fund.Google Scholar
- National Audit Office Annual Report. (2016).Google Scholar
- NHS England. (2016). Better care operating guide. NHS England.Google Scholar
- Wolstenholme, E. F., Monk, D., & McKelvie, D. (2008). Influencing and interpreting health and social care policy in the UK. In H. Qudrat-Ullah, M. J. Spector, & P. I. Davidsen (Eds.), Complex decision making: Theory and practice (pp. 155–185). US: Springer-Verlag.Google Scholar