The chapter draws a comprehensive picture of the study and lays the foundation for the subsequent chapters. The chapter sets forth the background of the research problem prior to the explicitly stating the research problem and proceeds with the laying down of the objectives of the study and justifying the need of the study. In addition, the chapter also gives a bird’s eye view of the landscape of IT sector in India and gives an overview of research hypotheses, which is followed by the description of the design for the research. Thereafter, the scope of the study is defined and lastly the structure of the book is evinced.
- Accenture. (2014). Accenture reports fourth-quarter and full-year fiscal 2014 results, with record annual revenues and new bookings. Retrieved from https://newsroom.accenture.com/news/accenture-reports-fourth-quarter-and-full-year-fiscal-2014-results-with-record-annual-revenues-and-new-bookings.htm.
- Accenture. (2015, July 6). In Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Retrieved 15:45, July 6, 2015, from https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Accenture&oldid=670151399.
- Agariya, A. K., & Yayi, S. H. (2015). ERM scale development and validation in Indian IT sector. Journal of Internet Banking and Commerce, 20(1), 1–16.Google Scholar
- Breznik, L., & Lahovnik, M. (2016). Dynamic capabilities and competitive advantage: Findings from case studies. Management: Journal of Contemporary Management Issues, 21(Special issue), 167–185.Google Scholar
- BSE-India. (n.d.). Top 100 companies by market capitalization. Retrieved from http://www.bseindia.com/markets/equity/EQReports/TopMarketCapitalization.aspx?expandable=3.
- Cepeda, G., & Vera, D. (2007). Dynamic capabilities and operational capabilities: A knowledge management perspective. Journal of Business Research, 60(5), 426–437.Google Scholar
- Chaharmahali, S. M., & Siadat, S. A. (2010). Achieving organizational ambidexterity: Understanding and explaining ambidextrous organisation.Google Scholar
- Cloudwedge. (2014). Accenture granted leader status by IDC. Retrieved from http://www.cloudwedge.com/4891-accenture-granted-leader-status-by-idc/.
- Cognizant. (2015, July 2). In Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Retrieved 08:05, July 5, 2015, from https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Cognizant&oldid=669619836.
- Fortune. (2011). World’s most admired companies. Retrieved May 10, 2015, from http://archive.fortune.com/magazines/fortune/mostadmired/2011/industries/30.html.
- Garg, R., & De, K. (2012). Impact of dynamic capabilities on the export orientation and export performance of small and medium sized enterprises in emerging markets: A conceptual model. African Journal of Business Management, 6(29), 8464–8474.Google Scholar
- Gartner. (2013). Top 5 India-based IT services providers’ worldwide revenue, 2012. Retrieved from http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/2496815.
- Global MAKE Report. (2016). Global Most Admired Knowledge Enterprises (MAKE) Report: Executive summary. Retrieved February 22, 2017 from http://www.knowledgebusiness.com/knowledgebusiness/templates/ViewAttachment.aspx?hyperLinkId=6695.
- Hegazy, F. M., & Ghorab, K. E. (2014). The influence of knowledge management on organizational business processes’ and Employees' benefits. International Journal of Business and Social Science, 5(1), 148–172.Google Scholar
- Infosys. (2015, July 2). In Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Retrieved 07:55, 5 July 2015, from https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Infosys&oldid=669684531.
- Kaur, V., & Mehta, V. (2016a). Knowledge-based dynamic capabilities: A new perspective for achieving global competitiveness in IT sector. Pacific Business Review International, 1(3), 96–106.Google Scholar
- Kaur, V., & Mehta, V. (2016b). Leveraging knowledge processes for building higher-order dynamic capabilities: An empirical evidence from IT sector in India. The Journal of Indian Management & Strategy, 21(3), 37–47.Google Scholar
- Kimmatkar, A., & Sattar, S. (2016). A critical study of contribution of information technology companies in standard of living of it company executives in vidarbha region. International Journal of Research In Commerce, It & Management, 6(1), 10–12.Google Scholar
- Kumar, A., & Jha, S. K. (2013). Indian information technology sector – a SWOT analysis. International Journal of Commerce & Business Studies, 1(2), 22–26.Google Scholar
- Lucintel. (2012). Global IT services industry 2012–2017: Trends, profits and forecast analysis. Retrieved May 27, 2015 from http://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/2186517/global_it_services_industry_20122017_trends.
- Michailova, S., & Zhan, W. (2014). Dynamic capabilities and innovation in MNC subsidiaries. Journal of World Business, 1–9.Google Scholar
- NASSCOM Indian IT BPM Industry Report. (2016). Indian IT-BPM Industry: FY16 performance and FY17 outlook. Retrieved September 18, 2016 from http://www.bisinfotech.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/NASSCOM-Indian-IT-BPM-Industry-Report.pdf.
- Nguyen, T. N. Q. (2010). Knowledge management capability and competitive advantage: An empirical study of Vietnamese enterprises. Lismore: Southern Cross University.Google Scholar
- Nguyen, Q. T. N., & Neck, P. A. (2008, July). Knowledge management as dynamic capabilities: Does it work in emerging less developed countries. In Proceedings of the 16th Annual Conference on Pacific Basin Finance, Economics, Accounting and Management (pp. 1–18). Brisbane: Faculty of Business, Queensland University of Technology.Google Scholar
- Nieves, J., Quintana, A., & Osorio, J. (2015). Organizational knowledge, dynamic capabilities and innovation in the hotel industry. Tourism and Hospitality Research, 1–14.Google Scholar
- Ogunkoya, A., Hassan, B. A., & Shobayo, P. A. (2014). Dynamic capabilities and competitive advantage : An analysis of the Nigerian banking sector. Journal of Accounting and Management, 4(2), 29–36.Google Scholar
- Paramati, S. R., Gupta, R., Maheshwari, S., & Nagar, V. (2016). The empirical relationship between the value of rupee and performance of information technology firms: Evidence from India. International Journal of Business and Globalisation, 16(4), 512–529.Google Scholar
- Phadnis, S. (2014, April 22). TCS joins top 10 global IT services companies club. The Times of India. Retrieved May 15, 2015 from http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech/tech-news/TCS-joins-top-10-global-IT-services-companies-club/articleshow/34067479.cms.
- Senaji, T., & Nyaboga, A. (2011). Knowledge management process capability: Operations strategy perspective. International Journal of Management & Information Systems, 15(3), 147–158.Google Scholar
- Soni, P. (2013). Innovation in Indian IT industry: A dynamic capabilities view. Paper presented at SMS special conference on “Globalization of innovation strategies: Novel moves for a global game”.Google Scholar
- Sudarvel, J., & Velmurugan, R. (2015). Semi month effect in Indian IT sector with reference to BSE IT index. International Journal of Advance Research in Computer Science and Management Studies, 3(10), 155–159.Google Scholar
- Wilkens, U., Menzel, D., & Pawlowsky, P. (2004). Inside the black-box : Analysing the generation of Core competencies and dynamic capabilities by exploring collective minds. An organizational learning perspective. Management Review, 15(1), 8–27.Google Scholar
- Wipro. (2015, July 4). In Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Retrieved 08:02, July 5, 2015, from https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wipro&oldid=669893291.