Sol-Gel Derived TiO2 and Epoxy-Titanate Protective Coatings: Structure, Property, Fungicidal Activity and Biomineralization Effects
- 99 Downloads
The mesostructural, phase compositional, photocatalytic and anti-fungicidal properties of sol-gel-derived TiO2- and epoxy-titanate coatings are investigated. The effect of epoxy-titanate coatings doped with titanium dioxide nanoparticles (TiO2 P25) and detonation nanodiamonds on inhibiting the growth and development of a number of mold micromycetes is discussed. Biomineralization phenomena in epoxy-titanate coatings that occur under the influence of a number of mold fungi are found.
KeywordsSol-gel technology TiO2-coatings Epoxy-titanate coatings TiO2 nanoparticles Detonation nanodiamond Photocatalytic activity Soft biocides Mold fungi Biomineralization
This work was partially supported by the Russian Foundation of Basic Research (project RFBR—18-29-05031mk). The research results were partially obtained on the equipment of The Collective Use Center of Voronezh State University (URL: http://ckp.vsu.ru).
- Brinker CJ, Scherer GW (1990) Sol-gel science: the physics and chemistry of sol-gel processing. Academic Press Inc., San-DiegoGoogle Scholar
- Doehne E, Price CA (2010) Stone conservation. An overview of current research, 2nd edn. The Getty Conservation Institute, LAGoogle Scholar
- Frank-Kamenetskaya OV, Vlasov DYu, Shilova OA (2011) Biogenic crystal genesis on a carbonate rock monument surface: the main factors and mechanisms, the development of nanotechnological ways of inhibition. In: Krivovichev SV (ed) Minerals as advanced materials II. Springer, Berlin, HeidelbergGoogle Scholar
- Mack RC, Grimmer AE (2000) Assessing cleaning and water-repellent treatments for historic masonry buildings. In: Preservation Briefs—Technical Preservation Services—National Park Service, U.S. Department of the Interior. https://www.nps.gov/tps/how-to-preserve/preservedocs/preservation-briefs/01Preserve-Brief-Cleaning.pdf
- Rubab Z, Afzal A, Siddiqi HM, Saeed S (2014) Preparation, characterization, and enhanced thermal and mechanical properties of epoxy-titania composites. Sci World J ID 515739 (7pp)Google Scholar
- Shilova O (2004) Phenomena of a phase separation and crystallisation in nanosized spin-on glass films used in microelectronics. Glass Technol 45(2):59–61Google Scholar
- Shilova OA, Khamova TV, Vlasov DJ, Marugin AM, Frank-Kamenetskaya OV (2014) Composition for obtaining matrix with photocatalytic activity. Patent RU 2518124 Bull 16Google Scholar
- Shpak AP, Shilov VV, Shilova OA, Kunitskii YA (2004) Diagnosis of nanosystems. Multi-level fractal nanostructures. Technical Center of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kiev (in Russian)Google Scholar
- Voronkov MG, Shorokhov NV (1959) The use of organosilicon compounds to improve the water resistance and durability of building materials. Constr Mater 7:12–17 (in Russian)Google Scholar
- Voronkov MG, Shorokhov NV (1963) Water repellent coatings in construction. Publishing House of the Academy of Sciences of the Latvian SSR, Riga (in Russian)Google Scholar
- Wu L, Baghdachi J (eds) (2015) Functional polymer coatings: principles, methods, and applications. Wiley, Hoboken, NJGoogle Scholar