Cement Manufacturing and Process Control
Manufacturing process of Portland cement clinker is discussed, which is relevant to a Refractory technologist engaged in manufacturing or development of refractories for cement industry. The input material used in the manufacturing process and the physico - chemical changes take place in the kiln, are discussed. Different plant designs are shown with their bearing on the refractory performance. The physical parameters that are used to monitor the kiln operation and the control parameters, those indicate the smoothness of kiln operation, are discussed. The chemical parameters and the different modulus are discussed. The method of preheating and shutdown of the kiln are addressed.
KeywordsDry process Suspension preheater In-line calciner Separate line calciner Burning zone temperature Back-end temperature Oxygen control Kiln speed Chemical parameters Kiln heat up Kiln shutdown
- 1.Cement Plant Operations Handbook 2005 – ICR 4th Edition, 2005Google Scholar
- 2.Infinity Cement equipment – Kiln control and operation- http://www.cementequipment.org/cement-plant-operation-ccr-operator/kiln-control-operation/
- 3.Cement seminar – Process technology – kiln systems, HolderbankGoogle Scholar
- 4.Leas Chemistry of Cement and Concrete – Elsvier Science and Technology Books, Jan 2004Google Scholar
- 5.On the phase chemistry of Portland cement clinker – Bodil Hokfors et.al, Advances in Cement research, Volm 27, Issue 1, Jan 2014Google Scholar