The Impact of “Internet +” on the Business Models Transformation of Traditional Enterprises
With the continuous penetration of the Internet into various industries, traditional enterprises have been hit by unprecedented shocks and began to gradually transform their business models. The aim of this study is to explore the extent of applications of Internet technology in traditional enterprises as well as the linkages between “Internet+” and the business model transformation by the case survey method and the regression analysis. The results revealed that the key to the transformation of the business model under the impact of the Internet is the optimization and adjustment of the internal structure of the company. On the other hand, increasing the external influence of the “Internet+” is also important.
Keywords“Internet +” Business model transformation Traditional enterprises Regression analysis
This research is funded by China National Social Science Fund Project(16BGL011).
- 1.“Internet +” research report. Technical report. Ali Institute (2015)Google Scholar
- 3.Applegate, L.M.: E-business models: making sense of the internet business landscape. Information Technology and the Future Enterprise: New Models for Managers, pp. 49–94 (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Christensen, C.M.: The innovator’s dilemma: when new technologies cause great firms to fail. Harvard Business Review Press, Boston (1997)Google Scholar
- 7.Eisenmann, T., Parker, G., Van Alstyne, M.W.: Strategies for two-sided markets. Harv. Bus. Rev. 84(10), 92 (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Li, L., Changwei, M., Hailin, L.: Nan Kai Business Review, vol. 18 (2015), (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 10.Liu, B.: Development status of “internet plus” and its impact on China’s economy. China’s Collect. Econ. 24, 47–54 (2015), (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 11.Liu, J.G., Ma, D.Q., Chen, C.J.: Study on the “internet +” business model innovation path based on grounded theory-a case study of dropping behavior. Soft Sci. 7, 30–34 (2016), (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 13.News, C.: Li Keqiang: formulating the “internet plus” plan to promote the healthy development of e-commerce (2015)Google Scholar
- 14.Osterwalder, A., Pigneur, Y.: Business model generation: a handbook for visionaries, game changers, and challengers. Wiley, New York (2010)Google Scholar
- 15.Osterwalder, A., Pigneur, Y., Tucci, C.L.: Clarifying business models: origins, present, and future of the concept. Commun. Assoc. Inf. Syst. 16(1), 1 (2005)Google Scholar
- 16.Ouyang, R.H.: From “+internet” to “internet+” - how the technological revolution breeds a new type of economic society. Academic Front 05 (2015), (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 20.Yu, L.N.: Business model transformation in the era of big data. Inf. Syst. Eng. 12, 109–110 (2014), (in Chinese)Google Scholar