Design and experience of a test-bed for gearboxes
This paper presents an analysis of feasibility to develop a robust, practical and versatile test-bed for rotordynamic tests with low-cost and user-oriented features. The experience of a particular case of a test-bed design is present for two degrees of freedom (2-DOFs) planetary gearboxes at Laboratory of Robotics and Mechatronics (LARM). Different designing steps are discussed, including the structural design, instrumentation, data acquisition system, actuators control, online signal processing and maintenance. The outcomes of this experience are presented as a synthesis of a variety of requirements which need to be considered during the design of experiments for rotordynamics tests for a wide range of machinery and suitable tests repeatability and accuracy of the data acquisition system. An example is reported to show the implementation of the proposed procedure.
Keywordsrotordynamics gearing systems testing experimental design
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The first author wish to thankfully acknowledge to CONACYT for the postdoctoral period grant No. 349294 spent at University of Cassino in the A.Y. 2018-2019.
- 1.Zhai, H., Zhu, C., Song, C., Liu, H., Li, G., & Ma, F. (2015). Dynamic modeling and analysis for transmission system of high-power wind turbine gearbox. Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, 29(10), 4073–4082.Google Scholar
- 2.Chaari, F., Abbes, M. S., Rueda, F. V., del Rincon, A. F., & Haddar, M. (2013). Analysis of planetary gear transmission in non-stationary operations. Frontiers of Mechanical Engineering, 8(1), 88–94.Google Scholar
- 3.Mbarek, A., Del Rincon, A. F., Hammami, A., Iglesias, M., Chaari, F., Viadero, F., & Haddar, M. (2018). Comparison of experimental and operational modal analysis on a back to back planetary gear. Mechanism and Machine Theory, 124, 226–247.Google Scholar
- 4.Masoumi, A., Pellicano, F., Samani, F. S., & Barbieri, M. (2015). Symmetry breaking and chaos-induced imbalance in planetary gears. Nonlinear Dynamics, 80(1–2), 561–582.Google Scholar
- 5.Lei, Y., Lin, J., Zuo, M. J., & He, Z. (2014). Condition monitoring and fault diagnosis of planetary gearboxes : A review. Measurement, 48, 292–305.Google Scholar
- 6.Cooley, C. G., & Parker, R. G. (2014). A Review of Planetary and Epicyclic Gear Dynamics and Vibrations Research. Applied Mechanics Reviews, 66(4), 040804.Google Scholar
- 7.Yong, G., QinKai, H., & FuLei, C. (2016). A vibration model for fault diagnosis of planetary gearboxes with localized planet bearing defects. Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, 30(9), 4109–4119.Google Scholar
- 8.Cooley, C. G., & Parker, R. G. (2014). A Review of Planetary and Epicyclic Gear Dynamics and Vibrations Research. Applied Mechanics Reviews, 66(4), 040804.Google Scholar
- 9.Balbayev, G., Ceccarelli, M., & Carbone, G. (2014). Design and numerical characterization of a new planetary transmission. IJITR, 2(1), 735-739.Google Scholar