Robotic Education at IGMR
Motivated by the new master program Robotic Systems Engineering at RWTH Aachen University, the existing robotic education at the Institute of Mechanism Theory, Machine Dynamics and Robotics (IGMR) was updated. The new modules Robotic Systems and Advanced Robotic Kinematics and Dynamics cover multiple core areas of robotics. Robotic Systems focuses on robotic application, manipulator and process structures, while Advanced Robotic Kinematics and Dynamics teaches all kinematic, dynamic and control computations needed for accurate robotic motion and trajectory planning. To complete the round off the teaching, both modules are accompanied by practical exercises. A Robot Education Cell in conjunction with the Roboguide software offers students the opportunity to expand their theoretical knowledge of industrial robots and processes independently within the framework of projects. In order to consolidate theoretical knowledge on robotic computations, a MATLAB environment is provided, which enables students to solve tasks independently. This environment is characterized by the automated evaluation of the submitted solutions.
Keywords:Robotic Education Robotic Systems Virtual Teaching Space
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Montaqin, A.: Top 14 industrial robot companies and how many robots they have around the world. https://roboticsandau-tomationnews.com/2015/07/21/top-8-industrial-robot-companies-and-how-many-robots-they-have-around-the-world/812/.(2015).
- 2.Fanuc: Robotics training for schools and universities. https://www.fanuc.eu/de/en/robots/educational-package, last accessed 2018/12/10.
- 3.Schutte, J. G.: Virtual Teaching in Higher Education: The New Intellectual Superhighways or Just Another Traffic Jam? California State University, Northridge (1997).Google Scholar
- 4.Jascha, P., Hüsing, M., Corves, B.: Tool2Task - A software tool for automatic task generation in mechanism theory. RWTH Aachen University, Institute of Mechanism Design, Machine Dynamics and Robotics (2017).Google Scholar
- 5.Moodle: Moodle. Open-source learning platform. https://moodle.org/, last accessed 2018/12/10.
- 6.The MathWorks, Inc.: MATLAB Grader. https://grader.MathWorks.com/, last accessed 2018/12/10
- 7.Medien für die Lehre, RWTH Aachen: Dynexite. Online verfügbar unter https://app.dynexite.rwth-aachen.de/login, last accessed 2018/12/10.