Numerical simulation of geothermal water flow in a deep multistage centrifugal pump
Hydrodynamic and thermodynamic processes of geothermal well extraction are investigated and presented in this article. Mathematical models were developed for a deep suction multi-stage centrifugal pump and a piping system. The mathematical models were used to evaluate the gas (nitrogen) release from fluid and its effect on hydrodynamic processes. Through conducted experimental research and by applying mathematical modelling, it has been observed that the gas content in fluid increases the pressure and flow pulsations within a deep multi-stage centrifugal pump. Variation in height of a water column during the process of extraction has influence on characteristics of multistage centrifugal pump in wells.
KeywordsDeep Multi-Stage Centrifugal Pump Hydrodynamic Processes Numerical Methods
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Regenspurg, S., Wiersber, T., Brandt, W., Huenges, E., Saadat, A., Schmidt, K., Zimmer-mann, G. Geochemical properties of saline geothermal fluids from the in-situ geothermal laboratory Groß Schönebeck (Germany). Chemie der Erde 70 S3, 3-12 (2010).Google Scholar
- 2.Kaasalainen, H., Stefánsson, A. The chemistry of trace elements in surface geothermal waters and steam, Iceland. Chemical Geology 330-331, 60-85 (2012).Google Scholar
- 3.Hingerl, F.F., Wagner, T., Kulik, D.A., Thomsen, K., Driesner, T. A new aqueous activity model for geothermal brines in the system Na-K-Ca-Mg-H-Cl-SO4-H2O from 25 to 300 oC. Chemical Geology 381, 78-93 (2014).Google Scholar
- 4.Hurley, M.F., Olson, C.R., Ward L.J., Jaques B.J., Johnson K.A., Gunnerson, J.K., Butt, D.P. Transgranular stress corrosion cracking of 304L stainless steel pipe clamps in direct use geothermal water heating applications 33, 336-346 (2013).Google Scholar
- 5.Arar, Ö., Yüksel, Ü., Kabay, N., Yüksel M. Demineralization of geothermal water reverse osmosis (RO) permeate by electrodeionization (EDI) with mixed bed configuration. Desalination 342, 23-28 (2014).Google Scholar
- 6.Samatya, S., Tuncel, S.A., Kabay, N. Boron removal from RO permeate of geothermal water by monodisperse poly(vinylbenzyl chloride-co-divinylbenzene) beads containing N-methyl-D-glucamine. Desalination, 364, 75–81 (2015).Google Scholar
- 7.Bogdevicius, Marijonas; Janutėnienė, Jolanta; Razmas, Saulius; Drakšas, Mindaugas. 2013. Mathematical modeling of hydrodynamic processes in geothermal plant. Proceedings of the V International Conference on Computational Methods for Coupled Problems in Science and Engineering, 661-667 (2013).Google Scholar