COMPUTATIONAL SIMULATION AND EXPERIMENTAL STUDY OF CABLE FOR CABLE BARRIERS
The article consider problem of determining the mechanical characteristics of a cable when it is working on transverse impact. First, the mechanical characteristics of a cable for a static longitudinal load experimentally obtained. Second, 3 different approaches for FE models of cables used for the analysis of cable road barriers are considered, the work of FE models compared with experiment and their accuracy is established.
Keywordscable FE models cable static test cable dynamic load cable barriers computational simulation LS-DYNA
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Costello, George., Theory of Wire Rope., 2nd ed. New York: Springer Publishing, 1990.Google Scholar
- 2.Malinovskii V.A., Steel Wire Rope, Odessa, Astroprint, 2001.Google Scholar
- 3.Glushko M.F., Chiz A.A. About differential equation of wire rope motion//Prikladnaya mechanika (Applied mechanics), 1969, vol. 5, p. 17-23.Google Scholar
- 4.Reid, John D., Development of advanced FE material model for cable barrier wire rope., Lincoln, Nebraska, U.S. Department of transport, 2010Google Scholar
- 5.Nelson, Ryan, et al. Evaluation of alternative cable anchor design and three-cable guardrail adjacent to steep slope. Transportation research report No. TRP-03-155-05. Lincoln, Nebraska: Midwest Roadside Safety Facility, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, February 2005.Google Scholar
- 6.Hitz, Rebecca, et al. Design and evaluation of a low-tension cable guardrail end termainal system. Transportration Research report No TRP-03-131-08. Lincoln, Nebraska: Midwest Roadside safety Facility, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2008.Google Scholar