Influence of elastic support on transmission performance of a gear drive system
This paper presents an equivalent model of a gear transmission system with consideration of the elastic support. The spring element with multidimension is introduced to equivalent the elasticity of the support involving shaft, bearing and housing. The displacement constraint equations of the elastic support are derived. Thus, the equivalent model of the gear system coupled gear finite element contact model with spring element is established. Using this model, the influence of the support stiffness on contact stress and transmission performance can be analyzed. A single-stage helical gear system as a case study is conducted, including transmission error and tooth contact stress distribution. With numerical analysis of the equivalent model, the influence of support stiffness on transmission performance is researched thoroughly.
KeywordsGear Drive Support Stiffness FE Simulation Transmission Error Contact Stress
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This work was financially supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No.U1808213)
- 1.Dong, H., Ting, K., Yu, B., Liu, J., Wang, D.: Differential Contact Path and Conjugate Properties of Planar Gearing Transmission. Journal of Mechanical Design 134(6), (2012).Google Scholar
- 2.Chen, W., Wang, G., Lin, J., Zhang, Z.: Calculation of mesh stiffness for zc3 worm gear and worm based on the finite element method. Journal of Mechanical Transmission (2018).Google Scholar
- 3.Tang, J., Chen, E., Pu, T.: LTCA Analyses of Spiral Bevel Gears with Machining Errors, Assembly Errors, Axial Deformation and Bearing Stiffness. Journal of mechanical transmission 34(5), (2010).Google Scholar
- 4.Ren, Y., Chang, S., Liu, G., Wu, L.: Influence of housing flexibility on the dynamic characteristics of gear transmission systems. Journal of Vibration & Shock (2017).Google Scholar
- 5.Li, R., Lin, T., Tao, Z.: The Response Precliction of Gear System Coupled Vibration. Machine Design and Research 19(2), (2003).Google Scholar
- 6.Ren, Y., Chang, S., Liu, G., Wu, L., Wang, H.: Vibratory power flow analysis of a gear-housing-foundation coupled system (2018).Google Scholar
- 7.Xu, L., Shi, C., Long W.: Effect of Stiffness of Bearings and Gearbox Housing on the Dynamic characteristic of Drive System. Journal of Mechanical Transmission (7), 170-175, (2015).Google Scholar
- 8.Xu, B. etc.: MATLAB finite element structural dynamics analysis and engineering application. Tsinghua University Press (2009).Google Scholar
- 9.Dong, H., Zhang, C., Wang, X., Wang, D.: A precise FE model of a spur gear set considering eccentric error for quasi-static analysis (2017).Google Scholar