This chapter concludes the book by discussing some of the key findings of the study. The findings are discussed as they relate to insights that are relevant for practitioner and scholarly communities that are at the vanguard of addressing urban crime. The chapter continues by elucidating the main lessons and concludes with a raft of policy recommendations that can help make Nigerian cities more agile and responsive to the problem of urban crime.
- Adele, B. J. (2009). Falsification of Population Census Data in a Heterogeneous Nigerian State: The Fourth Republic Example. African Journal of Political Science and International Relations, 3(8), 311–319.Google Scholar
- Alemika, E. E. O. (1988). Policing and Perceptions of Police in Nigeria. Police Studies, 11(4), 161–176.Google Scholar
- Alemika, E. E. O. (2012). Do the Nigerian Public Trust Their Police? Improving Institutions for Pro-Poor Growth Briefing Paper 21. Retrieved March 20, 2019, from http://www.iig.ox.ac.uk/output/briefingpapers/pdfs/iiG-briefingpaper-21-PublicTrustNigerianPolice.pdf.
- Alemika, E. E. O., & Chukwuma, I. C. (2000). Police-Community Violence in Nigeria. Lagos and Abuja: CLEEN Foundation and the National Human Rights Commission.Google Scholar
- Bloch, R., Fox, S., Monroy, J., & Ojo, A. (2015). Urbanisation and Urban Expansion in Nigeria. Urbanisation Research Nigeria (URN) Research Report. London: ICF International.Google Scholar
- Chêne, M. (2010). Anti-corruption and Police Reform. Transparency International U4 Expert Answer, 24, 1–10. Retrieved March 25, 2019, from https://www.u4.no/publications/anti-corruption-and-police-reform.pdf.
- Ezepue, P. O., & Ojo, A. (2012). Addressing Economic Development Goals through Innovative Teaching of University Statistics: A Case Study of Statistical Modelling in Nigeria. International Journal of Mathematical Education, 43(8), 1013–1032.Google Scholar
- Ferguson, B., Restrepo, J. A., & Villamarín, A. (2010). Estimating Potential Gains in Life Expectancy by Reducing Violent Deaths in Selected Countries. Retrieved August 15, 2018, from https://www.diw.de/documents/dokumentenarchiv/17/diw_01.c.346948.de/restrepo_conflict_gecc.pdf.
- Kieghe, D. (2016). National Ambition: Reconstructing Nigeria. London: New Generation Publishing.Google Scholar
- Shaw, C. R., & McKay, H. D. (1942). Juvenile Delinquency and Urban Areas. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.Google Scholar