The Mechanism of QFIIs’ Institutional Activism in China
Shareholder activism, especially institutional activism, has spilled over from the US to Europe and elsewhere, changing the corporate governance landscape across the world. However, the extent of this change differs between countries, and styles of activism differ. In Europe, the American style of shareholder activism, and particularly the typical mechanism of the shareholder coalition or “wolf pack”, has not been seen to date. One reason for this is the difference in legal and regulatory environments. The same is true for other non-European countries such as China.
- Administrative Measures for the Disclosure of Information of Listed Companies 2007.Google Scholar
- Company Law of China 2014.Google Scholar
- Ekes, Maria. 2014. Banzhaf-Coleman and Shapley-Shubik Indices in Games with a Coalition Structure—A Special Case Study. In Voting Power and Procedures: Essays in Honour of Dan Felsenthal and Moshé Machover, ed. Rudolf Fara, Dennis Leech, and Maurice Salles, 221–246. London: Springer International Publishing.Google Scholar
- Katelouzou, Dionysia. 2014. Worldwide Hedge Fund Activism: Dimensions and Legal Determinants. University of Pennsylvania Journal of Business Law 17 (3): 789–860.Google Scholar
- ———. 2001. Shareholder Voting Power and Corporate Governance: A Study of Large British Companies. Nordic Journal of Political Economy 27: 33–54.Google Scholar
- ———. 2002a. Computation of Power Indices, 1–59. https://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/economics/research/workingpapers/2008/twerp644.pdf
- ———. 2017. The Use of Coleman’s Power Indices to Inform the Choice of Voting Rule with Reference to the IMF Governing Body and the EU Council of Ministers, 1–24. http://wrap.warwick.ac.uk/1541/1/WRAP_Leech_twerp645.pdf
- Measures for the Administration of Takeover of Listed Companies 2014.Google Scholar
- Measures for the Administration of the Operation of Publicly Offered Securities Investment Funds 2014.Google Scholar
- Securities Law of China 2014.Google Scholar
- Sender, Henny. 2016. Western Shareholder Activism Arrives in China. Financial Times, July 5. https://www.ft.com/content/400719f4-41f4-11e6-9b66-0712b3873ae14accessed. Accessed 8 Sep 2017.
- Shapley, Lloyd S. 1953. A Value for n-Person Games. Annals of Mathematical Studies 28: 307–317.Google Scholar
- Shapley, Lloyd S., and Norman Z. Shapiro. 1960. Value of Large Games-I: A Limit Theory’ (US Air Force Project Rand), 1–19. https://www.rand.org/pubs/research_memoranda/RM2648.html