Description and Properties of Curve-Based Monotone Functions
Curve-based monotonicity is one of the lately introduced relaxations of monotonicity. As directional monotonicity regards monotonicity along fixed rays, which are given by real vectors, curve-based monotonicity studies the increase of functions with respect to a general curve \(\alpha \). In this work we study some theoretical properties of this type of monotonicity and we relate this concept with previous relaxations of monotonicity.
KeywordsCurve-based monotonicity Weak monotonicity Directional monotonicity Aggregation function
This work is supported by the research group FQM268 of Junta de Andalucía, by the project TIN2016-77356-P (AEI/FEDER, UE), by the Slovak Scientific Grant Agency VEGA no. 1/0093/17 Identification of risk factors and their impact on products of the insurance and savings schemes, by Slovak grant APVV-14-0013, and by Czech Project LQ1602 “IT4Innovations excellence in science”.
- 7.Gagolewski, M.: Data fusion: theory, methods, and applications. Institute of Computer Science Polish Academy of Sciences (2015)Google Scholar
- 9.Roldán López de Hierro, A.F., Sesma-Sara, M., Špirková, J., Lafuente, J., Pradera, A., Mesiar, R., Bustince, H.: Curve-based monotonicity: a generalization of directional monotonicity. Int. J. General Syst. (2019). https://doi.org/10.1080/03081079.2019.1586684
- 10.Lucca, G., Sanz, J., Dimuro, G., Bedregal, B., Asiain, M.J., Elkano, M., Bustince, H.: CC-integrals: Choquet-like copula-based aggregation functions and its application in fuzzy rule-based classification systems. Knowl.-Based Syst. 119, 32–43 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.knosys.2016.12.004Google Scholar
- 15.Rousseeuw, P.J., Leroy, A.M.: Robust Regression and Outlier Detection, vol. 589. Wiley, Hoboken (2005)Google Scholar
- 17.Sesma-Sara, M., Bustince, H., Barrenechea, E., Lafuente, J., Kolesárová, A., Mesiar, R.: Edge detection based on ordered directionally monotone functions. In: Advances in Fuzzy Logic and Technology 2017, pp. 301–307. Springer (2017). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-66827-7_27
- 18.Sesma-Sara, M., Mesiar, R., Bustince, H.: Weak and directional monotonicity of functions on Riesz spaces to fuse uncertain data. Fuzzy Sets Syst. (in press). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fss.2019.01.019