On the Convergence of Fuzzy Grey Cognitive Maps
Fuzzy grey cognitive maps (FGCMs) are extensions of fuzzy cognitive maps (FCMs), applying uncertain weights between the concepts. This uncertainty is expressed by so-called grey numbers. Similarly to FCMs, the inference is determined by an iteration process, which may converge to an equilibrium point, but limit cycles or chaotic behaviour may also turn up.
In this paper, based on the grey weighted connections between the concepts and the parameter of the sigmoid threshold function, we give sufficient conditions for the existence and uniqueness of fixed points for sigmoid FGCMs.
KeywordsFuzzy cognitive map Grey system theory Fuzzy grey cognitive map Fixed point
The primary version of this paper was presented at the 3rd Conference on Information Technology, Systems Research and Computational Physics, 2–5 July 2018, Cracow, Poland .
This research was supported by National Research, Development and Innovation Office (NKFIH) K124055.
- 1.Harmati, I.Á., Kóczy, L.T: On the convergence of fuzzy grey cognitive maps. In: Kulczycki, P., Kowalski, P.A., Łukasik, S. (eds.) Contemporary Computational Science, p. 139. AGH-UST Press, Cracow (2018)Google Scholar
- 2.Carlsson, C., Fullér, R.: Possibility for decision: a possibilistic approach to real life decisions. In: Studies in Fuzziness and Soft Computing Series, vol. 270/2011. Springer (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Papageorgiou, E.I., Salmeron, J.L.: Methods and algorithms for fuzzy cognitive map-based decision support. In: Papageorgiou, E.I. (ed.) Fuzzy Cognitive Maps for Applied Sciences and Engineering (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Busemeyer, J.R.: Dynamic decision making. In: International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciencesm, pp. 3903–3908 (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Felix, G., Nápoles, G., Falcon, R., Froelich, W., Vanhoof, K., Bello, R.: A review on methods and software for fuzzy cognitive maps. Artif. Intell. Rev., 1–31 (2017)Google Scholar
- 12.Harmati, I.A., Hatwágner, F.M., Kóczy, L.T.: On the existence and uniqueness of fixed points of fuzzy cognitive maps. In: Medinam, J., et al. (eds.) Information Processing and Management of Uncertainty in Knowledge-Based Systems. Theory and Foundations, IPMU 2018. Communications in Computer and Information Science, vol. 853, pp. 490–500. Springer, Cham (2018)Google Scholar