Economic Design of Things
Economics is a social science, so is economic design as a field. This short article discusses, in particular, the future of economic design, and of economic theory in general. By suggesting some examples, I hope to convince the readers that the recent technological advances in science and technology will not only be disruptive to the social machinery that surrounds us but also to the future of economic design as a field. Economic design, however, has the potential to add value to the society by offering an axiomatic framework to the design of the future through a social sciences perspective.
- Acemoglu, D., & Restrepo, P. (2017). Robots and jobs: Evidence from US labor markets.Google Scholar
- Anderson, M., & Anderson, S. L. (2011). Machine ethics. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
- Asimov, I. (1950). I, Robot. New York: Gnome Press.Google Scholar
- Augugliaro, F., Mirjan, A., Gramazio, F., Kohler, M., D’Andrea, R. (2013). Building tensile structures with flying machines. In 2013 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS) (pp. 3487–3492). IEEE.Google Scholar
- Ben-David, S., & Ackerman (2009). Measures of clustering quality: A working set of axioms for clustering. In Advances in neural information processing systems (pp. 121–128).Google Scholar
- Eurekahedge. (2017). Artificial intelligence: The new frontier for hedge funds. Technical report, Eurekahedge. http://www.eurekahedge.com/Research/News/1614/Artificial-Intelligence-AI-Hedge-Fund-Index-Strategy-Profile.
- Kleinberg, J. M. (2003). An impossibility theorem for clustering. Advances in neural information processing systems (pp. 463–470).Google Scholar
- Roth, A. E. (2015). Who gets what—and why: The new economics of matchmaking and market design. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.Google Scholar
- Solon, O. (2017). Alibaba founder Jack Ma: AI will cause people ’more pain than happiness’. https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/apr/24/alibaba-jack-ma-artificial-intelligence-more-pain-than-happiness.