A Comparative Analysis of Wave Properties of Finite and Infinite Cascading Arrays of Cracks
Reflection and transmission coefficients in the problems of the normal plane wave incidence on the system of finite and infinite periodic arrays of cracks in an elastic body are determined. We propose a method permitting to solve the scalar diffraction problem for both single crack and any finite number of cracks with arbitrary lattice geometry. Under the condition of one-mode frequency regime the problem is reduced to a discretization of the basic integral equation holding on the boundary of the scatterers located in one horizontal waveguide. A semi-analytical method developed earlier for diffraction problems on infinite periodic crack arrays permits a comparative analysis of the properties of the main external parameters for a finite periodic system of cracks, where the solution of the boundary integral equations is numerically constructed, and we obtain explicit analytical representations for the wave field at the boundary of the obstacles. The analysis of the properties of the scattering coefficients depending on the physical parameters is carried out for three diffraction problems: a finite periodic system in a scalar formulation, an infinite periodic system in a scalar formulation, an infinite periodic system in a plane problem of the elasticity theory.
The present work is performed within the framework of the Project no. 15-19-10008-P of the Russian Science Foundation (RSCF).
- 1.Guenneau, S., Craster, R.V.: Acoustic Metamaterials Negative Refraction, Imaging, Lensing and Cloaking. Springer, Dordrecht, Heidelberg, New York, London (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Shenderov, E.L.: Transmission of sound through a perforated screen of finite thickness. Acoust. Phys. 16(2), 295–304 (1970)Google Scholar
- 10.Sumbatyan, M.A., Chupahin, A.A.: Plane wave propagation through an elastic medium with a periodic system of volumetric defects. Russian Izvestiya. North-Caucas. Region. Nat. Sci. 4, 37–38 (1999). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 18.Glazanov, V.E.: Diffraction of a plane longitudinal wave by a lattice of cylindrical cavities in an elastic medium. Acoust. Phys. 13(3) (1967)Google Scholar
- 19.Kljukin, I.I., Chabanov, V.E.: Sound diffraction on a plane grating of cylinders. Acoust. Phys. 20(6) (1974)Google Scholar
- 20.Popuzin, V.V., Zotov, V.M., Sumbatyan, M.A.: Theoretical and experimental study of an acoustically active material containing a doubly-periodic system of cylindrical holes. Springer Proceedings in Physics, Heidelberg, New York, Dordrecht, London (2017)Google Scholar
- 26.Craster, R.V., Guenneau, S.: Acoustic Metamaterials. Springer Series in Materials Science, vol. 166. Springer, Dordrecht (2013)Google Scholar
- 30.Sneddon, I.N., Lowengrub, M.: Crack Problems in the Classical Theory of Elasticity. Wiley, London (1969)Google Scholar
- 31.Belotserkovsky, S.M., Lifanov, I.K.: Method of Discrete Vortices. CRC Press, Boca Raton (1992)Google Scholar