Superior Relation Based Firefly Algorithm in Superior Solution Set Search
For many single objective optimization methods, they have only one global optimal solution or suboptimal solution. In this paper, we propose a superior solution set search problem as an optimization problem to simultaneously find multiple excellent solutions in multimodal functions. In addition, we analyzed the search characteristics of Firefly Algorithm (FA), which has a fundamental nature of a Superior Solution Set Search Problem, previously defined in our previous study for single-objective optimization problems. In this paper, we proposed a new FA method based on the former problem. This method, which employs cluster information by K-means clustering, is tested for performance by fundamental numerical experiments.
KeywordsMetaheuristics Single-objective optimization Superior Solution Set Search Problem Cluster K-means clustering Firefly Algorithm
- 1.Aiyoshi, E., Yasuda, K.: Metaheuristics and Their Applications. The Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan, Ohmsha, Tokyo (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Yasuda, K.: The present and the future of metaheuristics. SICE J. Control, Meas. Syst. Integr. 47(6), 453–458 (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Yang, X.S.: Nature-Inspired Metaheuristic Algorithms, 2nd edn. Luniver Press (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Oosumi, R., Tamura, K., Yasuda, K.: Novel single-objective optimization problem and firefly algorithm-based optimization method. In: 2016 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, pp. 1011–1015 (2016)Google Scholar
- 9.Carroll, J.D., Chaturvedi, A.: K-midranges clustering. In: Advances in Data Science and Classification. Springer, Heidelberg (1998)Google Scholar