A Genetic Algorithm for Superior Solution Set Search Problem
The superior solution set search problem contains parameters that provide constraints on evaluation value and distance. However, an optimization method explicitly incorporating these parameters has not yet been proposed.
There is a multi-objective optimization problem that is very similar to the superior solution set search problem. Studies on multi-objective optimization problems have been very active recently and solution applications to the superior solution set search problem are to be expected. Therefore, in this paper, we propose an evaluation indicator that is inspired by a method based on a dominance relationships in multi-objective optimization problems and includes the aforementioned parameters. We also propose a search method based on this indicator and perform numerical experiments on unique superior solution set search problems. The proposed method finds more superior solutions than the conventional single-objective optimization method, which confirms its usefulness.
- 2.Oosumi, R., Tamura, K., Yasuda, K.: Nobel Single-objective optimization problem and firefly algorithm-based optimization method. In: 2016 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, pp. 1011–1015 (2016)Google Scholar
- 3.Oosumi, R., Kumagai, W., Tamura, K., Yasuda, K.: A superior solution set search problem for single-objective optimization and a firefly algorithm. IEEJ Trans. Electron. Inf. Syst. 136(10), 1947–1948 (2016). (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 4.Oosumi, R., Kumagai, W., Tamura, K., Tsuchiya, J., Yasuda, K.: Proposal superior solution set search problem and firefly algorithm-based optimization method. In: Symposium on Evolutionary Computation 2016, vol. P1-03, pp. 12–20 (2016). (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 5.Wang, H., Tamura, K., Tsuchiya, J., Yasuda, K.: Firefly algorithm using cluster information for superior solution set search. In: 2017 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, pp. 3695–3699 (2017)Google Scholar
- 6.Li., X., Engelbrecht, A., Epitropakis, M.G.: Benchmark functions for CEC’2013 special session and competition on niching methods for multimodal function optimization. Technical Report, RMIT University, Evolutionary Computation and Machine Learning Group, Australia (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Singh, G., Deb, K.: Comparison of multi-modal optimization algorithms based on evolutionary algorithms. In: Proceedings of the 8th Annual Conference on Genetic and Evolutionary Computation (GECCO 2006), pp. 1305–1312 (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Zitzler, E., Laumanns, M., Thiele, L.: SPEA2: improving the strength Pareto evolutionary algorithm. Technical report 103, Computer Engineering and Networks Laboratory (TIK), Department of Electrical Engineering, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) Zurich (2001)Google Scholar