Design and Modeling of Compliant XY Micro-Motion Stage
In this study, modular design of compliant planar (XY) motion stage using Parallelogram flexure has been proposed. The Modular design offers flexibility in manufacturing and provides perfectly decoupled large motion range with minimal parasitic error motion, cross axes coupling and better actuator isolation. Analytical model i.e. Pseudo rigid body model (PRBM) has been used to obtain the force-displacement relationship of the stage. Modeling equations have been implemented in Matlab and results have been obtained. Large range linear electromagnetic actuator i.e. voice coil actuator has been used for actuation instead of piezoactuators. The compliant XY stage delivers motion range of 14 mm with parasitic error motions of 150 μm.
KeywordsCompliant Modular Decoupled Parasitic error motion Cross axes coupling etc.
- 1.Hope X et al (2018) On a simplified nonlinear analytical model for the characterization and design optimization of compliant XY micro-motion stage. J Robot Comput Integr Manuf:66–76Google Scholar
- 2.Lin S, Jia Y, Xu Q (2012) Design, and optimisation of a long stroke compliant micro-positioning stage driven by voice coil motor. Proceeding of the 12th international conference on control automation Robotics and vision (ICARCV), pp 1716–1721Google Scholar
- 4.Hao G (2011) Creative design, and modeling of large-range translational compliant parallel manipulators. Ph.D. thesisGoogle Scholar
- 5.Howell LL (2001) Compliant mechanisms. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 7.Awtar S et al (2013) An XYZ parallel-kinematic flexure mechanism with geometrically decoupled degrees of freedom. J Mech Robot 5:10–17Google Scholar