Load-Balancing-Based Reliable Mapping Algorithm for Virtual Resources in Power Communication Network
Based on the service characteristics of power communication network and the reliability requirements of virtual mapping, this paper designs a reliable mapping algorithm for virtual resources based on load balancing with network virtualization technology. The algorithm sorts according to services request priorities, adopting the idea of redundant backup primary and secondary road co-mapping, combining conditions of links constraints, bandwidth constraints, as well as non-intersecting of the main and auxiliary roads, and then maps requests to achieve the goal of load balancing. The simulation results show that the proposed algorithm has a significant effect on improving mapping success rate and stability of the virtual network. It can also alleviate the reliability problem of power communication network when fault occurs.
KeywordsLoad balancing Power communication network Resource mapping Reliability
This work is supported by Science and Technology Project from Headquarters of State Grid Corporation of China: “Key technology development and application demonstration of high-confidence intelligent sensing and interactive integrated service system (52110118008H)”.
- 1.Guo, T., Wang, N., Moessner, K., Tafazolli, R.: Shared backup network provision for virtual network embedding. In: Proceedings of International Conference on Communications (ICC), June 2011Google Scholar
- 2.Kim, Y.D., Kim, I., Choi, J., et al.: Adaptive modulation for MIMO systems with V-BLAST detection. In: VTC 2003-Spring, Jeju [s.n.], pp. 1074–1078 (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Jarray, A., Karmouch, A.: Periodical Auctioning for QoS Aware Virtual Network Embedding. In: Proceedings of IEEE 20th International Workshop Quality of Service (IWQoS), June 2012Google Scholar
- 5.Butt, N.F., Chowdhury, M., Boutaba, R.: Topology-awareness and reoptimization mechanism for virtual network embedding. In: Proceedings of the Networking 2010, Chennai, pp. 27–39. Springer, Heidelberg (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Akkaya, K., Uluagac, A.S., Aydeger, A.: Software defined networking for wireless local networks in smart grid. In: 2015 IEEE 40th Local Computer Networks Conference Workshops (LCN Workshops), Clearwater Beach, FL, pp. 826–831 (2015)Google Scholar
- 7.Li, Y., Ni, W., Li, Y., Zheng, X.: Availability analysis of permanent dedicated path protection in WDM mesh networks. In: Asia Communications and Photonics Conference and Exhibition, Shanghai, pp. 369–370 (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Meng, L., Sun, K., Wei, L., et al.: A virtual resource optimization allocation mechanism for power wireless private networks. Electron. Inf. 39(07), 1711–1718 (2017)Google Scholar