MoS2-Reduced Graphene Oxide Electrodes for Electrochemical Supercapacitor
In the present study, molybdenum disulfide-reduced graphene oxide (MoS2-RGO) composite was synthesized via a hydrolysis of lithiated MoS2 (LiMoS2) and the electrochemical performance of the nano sheets was evaluated for super capacitor applications. The MoS2-RGO composite electrode exhibited high specific capacitance (203 F g−1) with excellent cycling stability, compared with MoS2. The high electrochemical performance of the MoS2-RGO composite electrode is mainly attributed to the improved electron and ion transfer mechanism involving synergistic effects of MoS2 and RGO.
KeywordsGraphene oxide Hydrolysis Nano sheets Specific capacitance Cycling stability
- 14.Saraf M, Dar RA, Natarajan K, Srivastava AK, Mobin SM (2016) A binder-free hybrid of CuO-microspheres and rGO Nanosheets as an alternative material for next generation energy storage application. Chem Select 1:2826–2833Google Scholar
- 21.Sarode KM, Bachhav SG, Patil UD, Patil DR (2018) Synthesis and characterization of MoS2-graphene nanocomposite. In: Pawar P, Ronge B, Balasubramaniam R, Seshabhattar S (eds) Techno-Societal 2016. ICATSA 2016. Springer, ChamGoogle Scholar
- 22.Sarode KM, Patil UD, Patil DR (2018) 3D MoS2-graphene composite as catalyst for enhanced efficient hydrogen evolution. Int J Chem Phys Sci 7(2):81–91Google Scholar
- 23.Sarode KM, UDPatil DRP (2018) Preparation of MoS2–graphene composites with excellent photocatalytic activity under visible light. Int J Curr Adv Res 7Google Scholar
- 26.Saraf M, Dar RA, Natarajan K, Srivastava AK, Mobin SM (2016) A binder-free hybrid of CuO-microspheres and rGO nanosheets as an alternative material for next generation energy storage application. Chem Select 1:2826–2833Google Scholar