Design and Analysis of Strength of Banana Fiber Composite Material
The natural fiber has many advantages such as light in weight, biodegradability, high strength, smaller elongation, fire resistance quality, moisture absorption quality and with promising mechanical strength. These fibers are growing towards eco-friendly technology, the present review discusses the research in the area of natural fibre composites with epoxy-based and analysis of mechanical properties. In this paper, mechanical properties of the composite material have been studied by considering different parameters like fiber content, fiber geometry, volume fraction, fiber size, properties of epoxy resin, and also orientation of fiber etc.
KeywordsNatural fiber-matrix composites Polymer matrix composite (PMCs) The orientation of fibre Tensile strength Flexural strength Izod impact test
- 1.Bhatnagar R, Gupta G, Yadav S (2015) A review on composition properties of banana fiber. Int J Sci Eng Res 6(5)Google Scholar
- 2.Arthanarieswaran VP, Kumaravel A, Kathirselvam M (2014) Evaluation of mechanical properties of banana and sisal fiber reinforced epoxy composites influence of glass fiber hybridization. Mater Des., Elsevier:194–202Google Scholar
- 11.ASTM International (2015) Standard test method for tensile properties of plastics. ASTM International, Designation: D 638 – 02aGoogle Scholar
- 12.ASTM International Standard test method for flexural properties of unreinforced and reinforced plastics & electrical insulating material. ASTM International, Designation: D 790 – 03Google Scholar
- 13.ASTM International Standard test method for determining the charpy impact resistance of notched specimens of plastics. ASTM International, Designation: D 6110 – 04Google Scholar