QBEECH: Multi-hop Clustering of Cognitive Based Sensor Nodes in the Administration of Queen Nodes
In this paper, we proposed an algorithm “Quadrant Based Energy Efficient Clustering Hierarchy” (QBEECH) which increased both the stability and the lifetime of the network much further and overcome the disadvantages of the previously designed algorithms and compared the results of LEACH, C-LEACH, ENERGY LEACH and MULTI LEACH. For faster and secured communication we used CR (Cognitive Radio) sensor nodes. QBEECH is multi-hop cluster based routing algorithm administered by 4 queen nodes, easy to implement and is very much effective. Simulation results show that proposed algorithm has almost 150% more efficient than LEACH and almost 2 times better than MULTI LEACH in HNA (Half Node Alive) and 7.8 times better in FND (First Node Dead).
KeywordsCognitive radio wireless sensor network Network lifetime Cluster based algorithm QBEECH LEACH
- 3.Xiangning, F., Yulin, S.: Improvement on LEACH protocol of wireless sensor network. In: International Conference on Sensor Technologies and Applications, SensorComm 2007, pp. 260–264. IEEE, 14 October 2017Google Scholar
- 4.Shi, S., Liu, X., Gu, X.: An energy-efficiency optimized LEACH-C for wireless sensor networks. In: 2012 7th International ICST Conference on Communications and Networking in China (CHINACOM), pp. 487–492. IEEE, 8 August 2012Google Scholar
- 5.Farooq, M.O., Dogar, A.B., Shah, G.A.: MR-LEACH: multi-hop routing with low energy adaptive clustering hierarchy. In: 2010 Fourth International Conference on Sensor Technologies and Applications (SENSORCOMM), pp. 262–268. IEEE, 18 July 2010Google Scholar
- 7.Aslam, M., Javaid, N., Rahim, A., Nazir, U., Bibi, A., Khan, Z.A.: Survey of extended LEACH-based clustering routing protocols for wireless sensor networks. In: 2012 IEEE 14th International Conference on High Performance Computing and Communication & 2012 IEEE 9th International Conference on Embedded Software and Systems (HPCC-ICESS), pp. 1232–1238. IEEE, 25 June 2012Google Scholar
- 9.Mahmood, D., Javaid, N., Mahmood, S., Qureshi, S., Memon, A.M., Zaman, T.: MODLEACH: a variant of LEACH for WSNs. In: 2013 Eighth International Conference on Broadband and Wireless Computing, Communication and Applications (BWCCA), pp. 158–163. IEEE, 28 October 2013Google Scholar