On the Development of an Alternative Proposition of Cross Wavelet Analysis for Transient Discrimination Problems
This work presents the classical definitions of Cross Wavelet Analysis and proposes new definitions for Wavelet Power Spectrum, Wavelet Cross Spectrum and Wavelet Coherence in a similar way as the Wiener-Khintchine relations to solve shortcomings of the traditional definitions for detecting non-synchronized transients in a Gaussian noise. A detection problem is proposed with simulated signals and both definitions are used for signal analysis. A comparison between the results is then presented, pointing out the aspects of each technique and finally shows that the new definition identifies the transients.
- [BePi00]Bendat, J.S., and Piersol, A.G.: Random Data: analysis and measurement procedures. John Wiley and Sons, Inc., 3rd edition, 2000.Google Scholar
- [Nt10]Ntirwihisha, E.-E.: Corrélation des transformées en ondelettes et ondes sismiques. PhD thesis, Université Catholique de Louvain, Louvain-la-Neuve, BE, 2010.Google Scholar
- [HeEtAl05]Herrmann, C.S., Grigutsch, M., and Bush, N.A.: EEG oscillations and wavelet analysis. In Event-related potentials: A methods handbook. L.L. Schumaker (Editor), MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, USA, 2005.Google Scholar
- [Li94]Liu, P.C.: Wavelet spectrum analysis and ocean wind waves. In Wavelets in Geophysics. E. Foufoula and P.Kumar (Editors), Academic Press, San Diego, CA, USA, 1995.Google Scholar
- [MaEtAl07]Maraum, D., Kurths, J., and Holschneider, M.: Nonstationary gaussian processes in wavelet domain: Synthesis, estimation and significance testing. Physical Review, E75, 016707–1–016707–14 (2007).Google Scholar
- [ScEtAl13]Schuck Jr., A., Balbinot, A., Zabadal, J.R., and Bodmann, B.E.J.: Alternative propositions of cross wavelet analysis for use in a transient detection problem. International Review of Chemical Engineering I.R.E.C.H.E., 05(6), 1–6 (2013).Google Scholar