Characteristics and Cultures of the Asia-Pacific Region
Johansen explores salient commonalities and distinctions of regions and countries in the Asia-Pacific region, notably legal and political systems, cultural values, historical events, and populations. After briefly discussing current global measures of inequality, such as the Human Development Index, the GINI coefficient, and the Gender Gap Index, as well as country demographics, inequality measures for the Asia-Pacific regions and countries featured in this book are presented.
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2018). The World Factbook. https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/. Last updated 1 Nov 2018.
- Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific. (2015). Disability at a Glance: Strengthening Employment Prospects for Persons with Disabilities in Asia and the Pacific. Bangkok: United Nations. ST/ESCAP/2736.Google Scholar
- Social Science Research Council. (2014). The Measure of America: 2013–2014. http://www.measureofamerica.org/measure_of_america2013-2014/
- United Nations Development Programme. (2018). Human Development Reports. http://hdr.undp.org/en/countries
- United States Census Bureau. (2018). American Fact Finder. https://factfinder.census.gov/faces/nav/jsf/pages/index.xhtml. Accessed 26 Jan 2019.
- World Bank. (2018). World Book Open Data. https://data.worldbank.org
- World Economic Forum. (2017). The Global Gender Gap Report. http://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_GGGR_2017.pdf. Accessed 1 Nov 2018.