Pension Practices of Russian Younger Generation
The article is devoted to the formation of pension practices of Russian younger generation. The article pays a special attention to the necessary conceptualization of the concepts of “practice retirement” and “retirement behavior of the youth.” Based on the results of empirical research carried out in line with the qualitative and quantitative strategy, the authors identify groups of young generation of Russians focused on different models of pension behavior. One of the most represented groups of young people are “pension nihilists”, characterized by the denial of institutional and non-institutional norms of pension behavior, the lack of relevant ideas about the pension future.
According to the authors, the Central problems of the “pension issue” of Russian youth is distrust of the existing state and non-state pension investment system, the lack of formation of pension plans and strategies. The paper also presents such aspects of “pension problems” of young people as nihilistic attitudes of young people regarding the formation of future pensions, lack of confidence in the effectiveness of the current pension system in the Russian Federation and understanding the principles of its functioning, illusory ideas about their own pension future. Reproduction of negative pension practices of young people will undoubtedly adversely affect the functioning of the entire future national pension system.
The need to develop relevant measures aimed at improving the General level of pension culture of the younger generation is actualized.
KeywordsPension practices Youth Trust “Pension nihilism”
The publication was supported by the grant of The Russian Foundation for basic research № 17-33-01088-OGN “Pension nihilism” of the younger generation of Russians as a social practice».
- 1.The Pension Fund of the Russian Federation. http://pfr.pba.su/Content/Read/260. Accessed 20 Apr 2018
- 2.Valieva, E.N.: Evolution of pension protection of the population in Russia. Financ. Credit 44, 33 (2015)Google Scholar
- 3.Pension expert. http://pensiaexpert.ru/trudovye/otlichiya-nakopitelnoj-chasti-pensii-ot-straxovoj-v-2016-godu.html. Accessed 10 May 2018
- 4.National sociological encyclopedia. http://voluntary.ru/termin/socialnye-praktiki.html. Accessed 2 May 2018
- 5.Bourdieu, P.: Start. Socio-Logos, Moscow (1994)Google Scholar
- 6.Giddens, E.: The Mood of Society: An Essay on the Theory of Structures. Academic Project, Moscow (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Garfinkel, G.: Research on Ethnomethodology. Peter, St. Petersburg (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Orlov, S.N.: Pension Support in the Russian Federation. Monograph. Kurgan State University, Kurgan (2013)Google Scholar
- 9.Vlasova, O.I., Moshchevitina, T.Y.: Representations of young townspeople about the pension future. In: Proceedings of the IX All-Russian Scientific and Practical Conference of Young Scientists “Youth in a Changing World: Challenges of the Present”, Ekaterinburg (2017)Google Scholar
- 10.Vershinin, S.E., Vlasova, O.I.: Representations of young Russians about their retirement future. Bull. Chelyabinsk State Univ. 26, 124–130 (2015)Google Scholar
- 11.Vlasova, O.I., Kostina, N.B.: Retirement plans of the younger generation of Russians: state paternalism or subjective partnership? Manag. Issues 6(18), 211–217 (2015)Google Scholar
- 12.Abramova, S.B., Vlasova, O.I., Chebykina, I.V.: “Pension nihilism” as a social practice: the formulation of the problem. Discussion 11(85), 50–55 (2017)Google Scholar
- 13.Abramova, S.B., Vlasova, O.I.: Banking pension investment: the problem of risk assessment. Theoret. Appl. Econ. 4, 20–34 (2017)Google Scholar
- 14.Vershinin, S.E.: The phenomenon of social mistrust. Phenomenon of Social Injury. Soc. Policy Soc. Partnersh. 11, 50–56 (2010)Google Scholar
- 15.Glushko, I.V.: Social trust: problems of measurement and economic evaluation. Diploma 7, 61–63 (2014)Google Scholar
- 16.Zhukovskaya, E.V.: Confidence as the norm and the process of its institutionalization. Bus. Inform 8, 214–216 (2011)Google Scholar
- 17.Seligmen, A.: The Problem of Trust. Idea-Press, Moscow (2002)Google Scholar
- 18.Fukuyama, F.: Trust: Social Virtues and the Path to Prosperity. ACT, Moscow (2004)Google Scholar
- 19.Sztompka, P.: Trust is the Foundation of Society. Logos, Moscow (2012)Google Scholar
- 20.Kon, I.S.: Age categories in the sciences of man and society. Sociol. Res. 3, 76–86 (1978)Google Scholar
- 21.Smirnov, V.A.: Basic concepts of youth in Western sociology. Bull. Moscow Univ. 3, 205–219 (2010)Google Scholar