Modern Developments in Behavioral Economics
The study examines the place of behavioural economics in the structure of economic science and the practice of state regulating. The thesis that neoclassicism is an appropriate normative approach for analysing human behaviour is defended but the comparative advantages are on the side of behavioural economics in the answers of descriptive, diagnostic, prognostic and perspective questions. It tracks the historical roots, the ideas of behavioural economics for the limited rationality, will and egoism are presented in short as well as the contribution of behavioural approach to the state intervention’s ideology and practice. The libertarian paternalism idea and its role for the transformation of “state of wealth” into the gaining clearer and clearer outlines “new paternalistic state” are presented.
KeywordsBehavioural economics Libertarian paternalism Nudge
- 1.Kanev, D., Terziev, V.: Behavioural economics: development, condition and perspectives. Sbornik dokladi ot godishna universitetska nauchna konferentsiya 1-2 yuni 2017 godina, Nauchno napravlenie “Sotsialni, stopanski i nauki”, 6, str. 120–L138 (2017). ISSN: 1314-1937Google Scholar
- 2.Kanev, D., Terziev, V.: Behavioural economics: development, condition and perspectives. Business Economics, Palgrave Macmillan Ltd., 52, N 4 (2), Source Normalized Impact per Paper (SNIP): 1.091 SCImago Journal Rank (SJR): 0.288 Impact factor: 1.017, pp. 387–409 (2017). ISSN: 0007-666X (print version) ISSN: 1554-432X (electronic version)Google Scholar
- 4.Terziev, V.: Architecture of choice – advices of behavioral economics is the new book by professor Dimitar Kanev. Educational Researcher, American Educational Research Association, 46, N9 (2), Source Normalized Impact per Paper (SNIP): 4.483 SCImago Journal Rank (SJR): 3.088 2016 Impact Factor: 3.049 2016 Ranking: 7/231 in Education & Educational Research, pp. 662–665 (2017). ISSN: 0013-189X, eISSN: 1935-102XGoogle Scholar
- 5.Terziev, V., Kanev, D.: Education and behavioural failures. In: Proceedings of ADVED 2017 - 3rd International Conference on Advances in Education and Social Sciences, 9–11 October 2017, Istanbul, Turkey, pp. 733–742 (2017). ISBN 978-605-82433-0-9Google Scholar
- 6.Terziev, V., Kanev, D.: Education and behavioural failures. IJAEDU Int. E-Journal Adv. Educ. 3(9), 628–637 (2017). www.ocerint.org. e-ISSN: 2411-18. International Organization Center of Academic Research