Future Trends in Supply Chain
In this chapter, we have briefly discussed “future trends in supply chain management”. In the brief history of SCM we have already watched and observed several dramatic modifications in practice. On the other hand, in the next 15 or so years we are likely to see yet more dramatic vicissitudes. One thing is certain, as SCs become constantly more network-based and virtual, and as worldwide mega-trends reshape the trade and business landscape, the role of supply chain and logistics engineering in safeguarding a healthy ecological/environmental friendly future will become even more critical.
KeywordsRapid manufacturing Cloud computing Business process convergence Mass customization Corporate social responsibility Non-zero supply chains Mass production Mass marketing Information sharing Emerging mega-trends Distribution centres (DCs) EPOS Structural flexibility Network orchestration Eco-efficiency Logistics management Cost-effective Supply chains (SCs)
- Khan, S. A. R., Jian, C., Yu, Z., Golpîra, H., & Kumar, A. (2019). Impact of green practices on Pakistani manufacturing firm performance: A path analysis using structural equation modeling. In H. Anandakumar, R. Arulmurugan, & C. Onn (Eds.), Computational intelligence and sustainable systems (EAI/Springer innovations in communication and computing). Cham: Springer.Google Scholar
- Khan, S. A. R. (2018, November 5). Introductory Chapter: Introduction of Green Supply Chain Management [Online First]. IntechOpen. https://doi.org/10.5772/intechopen.81088. Available from https://www.intechopen.com/online-first/introductory-chapter-introduction-of-green-supply-chain-management.Google Scholar
- Khan, S. A. R., & Yu, Z. (2019, March 25). Introductory chapter: Purchasing and supply management [Online First]. IntechOpen. https://doi.org/10.5772/intechopen.85380. Available from https://www.intechopen.com/online-first/introductory-chapter-purchasing-and-supply-management.Google Scholar
- Nair, P. R. (2013). E-Supply chain management using software agents. CSI Communications, 37(4), 13–16.Google Scholar
- Zhang, Y., Golpîra, H., & Khan, S. A. R. (2018). The relationship between green supply chain performance, energy demand, economic growth and environmental sustainability: An empirical evidence from developed countries. LogForum Scientific Journal of Logistics, 14(4), 479–494.Google Scholar