The Sensor Calibration and Growth Parameters Monitoring for Phalaenopsis Cultivation
In this paper, a sequence of experiments that calibrate and collect the sensor data that monitoring the growth of the orchids are derived. the sensor’s raw data is calibrated and compared by using the popular and trusted WET2-2-K1 sensor. We also develop a cloud server and an analysis algorithm that collect the data via different sensors by IoT technologies. A front-end responsive webpage that visualize the Phalaenopsis physiological sensing parameters such as temperature, moisture and conductivity of the cultivated soil are built, users can monitor data on various devices such as personal computers, laptops or smart hands to control and monitor Phalaenopsis’s growth environment data at any time.
The author thanks the Ministry of Science and Technology in Taiwan for funding (MOST 107-2321-B-415-005-) this study.
- 1.UN Comtrade (2015). http://comtrade.un.org/data/. Accessed 18 Sept 2015
- 2.WET KIT and WET-2 Sensor. https://www.delta-t.co.uk/product/wet-2-horticulture/
- 3.Gardner, B.S.: Responsive web design: enriching the user experience. Sigma J. Digit. Ecosyst. 11(1), 13–19 (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Dan, L., Xin, C., Chongwei, H., Liangliang, J.: Intelligent agriculture greenhouse environment monitoring system based on IOT technology. In: 2015 International Conference on Intelligent Transportation, Big Data and Smart City, pp. 487–490 (2015)Google Scholar
- 5.Peng, Y.-H., Hsu, C.-S., Huang, P.-C., Wu, Y.-D.: An effective wavelength utilization for spectroscopic analysis on orchid chlorophyll measurement. In: 2014 IEEE International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering (CASE), pp. 716–721 (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Hugreen Co Ltd. https://hugreen.com.tw/