An Efficient Scheduling of User Appliances Using Multi Objective Optimization in Smart Grid
Electricity is the basic demand of consumers. With the passage of time this demand is increasing day by day. Smart grid (SG) trying to fulfill the demand of customers. When demand increases then load is also high. To maintain load from on peak hours to off peak hours, consumer needs to manage their appliances by home energy management system (HEMS). HEMS schedule the appliances according to customer’s needs. In this paper, scheme is proposed which is used to minimize the electricity cost and also maximize the user comfort. The proposed scheme is performed better than existing meta heuristic techniques. The proposed scheme is used real time price (RTP) price signal. Simulation results shows that the algorithm has met the objective of DSM. Moreover, the proposed algorithm outperforms earth worm algorithm (EWA) and single swam optimization (SSO) in terms of electricity cost and user comfort.
KeywordsSmart grid Home energy management system Real time price
- 2.Mary, G.A., Rajarajeswari, R.: Smart grid cost optimization using genetic algorithm. Int. J. Res. Eng. Technol. 3(07), 282–287 (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Cakmak, R., Altas, I.H.: Scheduling of domestic shiftable loads via cuckoo search optimization algorithm. In: 2016 4th International Istanbul Smart Grid Congress and Fair (ICSG), pp. 1–4. IEEE, April 2016Google Scholar
- 9.Huang, Y., Wang, L., Guo, W., Kang, Q., Wu, Q.: Chance constrained optimization in a home energy management system. IEEE Trans. Smart Grid (2016). https://doi.org/10.1109/TSG.2016.2550031
- 19.Khan, A., Javaid, N., Khan, M.I.: Time and device based priority induced comfort management in smart home within the consumer budget limitationGoogle Scholar
- 21.Mohan, N., Sivaraj, R., Pyira, R.D.: A comprehensive reviews of bat algorithm and its application to various optimization problems. Asian J. Res. Soc. Sci. Humanti. 6, 676–690 (2016)Google Scholar