Optimal Power Flow with Uncertain Renewable Energy Sources Using Flower Pollination Algorithm
Optimal power flow (OPF) problem has become more significant for operation and planning of electrical power systems because of the increasing energy demand. OPF is very important for system operators to fulfill the electricity demand of the consumers efficiently and for the reliable operation of the power system. The key objective in OPF is to reduce the total generating cost while assuring the system limitations. Due to environmental emission, depletion of fossil fuels and its higher prices, integration of renewable energy sources into the grid is essential. Classical OPF, which consider only thermal generators is a non-convex, non-linear optimization problem. However, incorporating the uncertain renewable sources adds complexity to the problem. A metaheuristic algorithm which solves the OPF problem with renewable energy sources is to be implemented on a modified IEEE 30-bus system.
- 3.Reddy, S.S.: Optimal power flow using hybrid differential evolution and harmony search algorithm. Int. J. Mach. Learn. Cybern., 1–15 (2018)Google Scholar
- 17.Chang, T.P.: Investigation on frequency distribution of global radiation using different probability density functions. Int. J. Appl. Sci. Eng. 8(2), 99–107 (2010)Google Scholar
- 20.Sharma, H., Singh, J.: Run off river plant: status and prospects. Int. J. Innov. Technol. Exploring Eng. (IJITEE) 3(2) (2013)Google Scholar
- 23.Wijesinghe, A., Lai, L.L.: Small hydro power plant analysis and development. In: 2011 4th International Conference on Electric Utility Deregulation and Restructuring and Power Technologies (DRPT). IEEE (2011)Google Scholar
- 24.Yang, X.-S.: Flower pollination algorithm for global optimization. In: International Conference on Unconventional Computing and Natural Computation. Springer, Heidelberg (2012)Google Scholar
- 28.Huang, S.-J., et al.: Application of flower pollination algorithm for placement of distribution transformers in a low-voltage grid. In: 2015 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology (ICIT). IEEE (2015)Google Scholar