Interactive Aggregate Message Authentication Scheme with Detecting Functionality
In this paper, we newly propose a formal model and a construction methodology of interactive aggregate MAC schemes with detecting functionality (IAMD). The IAMD is an interactive aggregate MAC protocol which can identify invalid messages with a small amount of tag-size. Several aggregate MAC schemes that can specify invalid messages have been proposed so far by using non-adaptive group testing in the prior work. Instead, we utilize adaptive group testing to construct IAMD scheme and the resulting IAMD scheme can identify invalid messages with a small amount of tag-size compared to the previous schemes. In this paper, we propose a generic construction of IAMD starting from any adaptive group testing protocol and any aggregate MAC scheme, and we apply several concrete constructions of adaptive group testing protocols and aggregate MAC schemes. In addition, we compare and analyze those IAMD constructions in terms of efficiency and security.
This research was conducted under a contract of Research and Development for Expansion of Radio Wave Resources funded by the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, Japan.
- 4.Goodrich, M.T., Atallah, M.J., Tamassia, R.: Indexing information for data forensics. In: Third International Conference on Applied Cryptography and Network Security, ACNS 2005, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 3531, pp. 206–221. Springer (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Hirose, S., Shikata, J.: Non-adaptive group-testing aggregate MAC scheme. In: 14th International Conference on Information Security Practice and Experience (ISPEC 2018), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 11125, pp. 357–372. Springer (2018)Google Scholar
- 7.Katz, J., Lindell, A.Y.: Aggregate message authentication codes. In: CT-RSA, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 4964, pp. 155–169. Springer (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Minematsu, K.: Efficient message authentication codes with combinatorial group testing. In: ESORICS, Part 1, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 9326, pp. 185–202. Springer (2015)Google Scholar
- 10.Porat, E., Rothschild, A.: Explicit non-adaptive combinatorial group testing schemes. In: ICALP, part 1, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 5125, pp. 748–759. Springer (2008)Google Scholar