Industry 4.0 Testbed at Brno University of Technology
As a part of the first-stage of Ricaip teaming project, a small demonstration testbed was built at CEITEC institute in cooperation with Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Communication, Brno University of Technology. It contains both additive and subtractive machinery technologies – 3D SLS (Selective Laser Sintering) printer, and 3DOF CNC milling machine. Material and product movement is provided by means of standard and collaborative industrial manipulators, as well as omnidirectional mobile robot with Mecanum-type wheels. The control system is designed to be easy-to-extend and to be able to cooperate with other testbeds, as was demonstrated by cooperation with Czech Technical University in Prague.
Overall description of the testbed is provided in the paper, as well as its possibilities and main technical challenges.
KeywordsIndustry 4.0 Automation Robotics Mobile robot
This work was supported by Horizon 2020 project Number 763559, Acronym Ricaip – Research and Innovation Centre on Advanced Industrial Production, topic-WIDESPREAD-04-2017, TeamingPhase1.
This work was also supported by the Technology Agency of the Czech Republic under the project TE01020197 – ‘CAK III - Centre for Applied Cybernetics’.
This work was also supported by the Technology Agency of the Czech Republic under the project TH01020862 – ‘System for automatic/automated detection/monitoring radiation situation and localisation of hot spots based on a smart multifunctional detection head usable for stationary and mobile platforms including unmanned.’
- 3.Li, G., Liu, Y., Dong, L., Cai, X., Zhou, D.: An algorithm for extrinsic parameters calibration of a camera and a laser range finder using line features. In: 2007 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, San Diego, CA, pp 3854–3859 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1109/iros.2007.4399041
- 4.Wasielewski, S., Strauss, O.: Calibration of a multi-sensor system laser rangefinder/camera. In: Intelligent Vehicles 1995 Symposium, pp. 472–477 (1995). https://doi.org/10.1109/ivs.1995.528327
- 5.Yang, H., Liu, X., Patras, I.: A simple and effective extrinsic calibration method of a camera and a single line scanning lidar. In: Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR2012), pp. 1439–1442 (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Zalud, L.: ARGOS - system for heterogeneous mobile robot teleoperation. In: 2006 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Beijing, China, pp. 211–216 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1109/iros.2006.282495
- 8.Kocmanova, P., Zalud, L., Chromy, A.: 3D proximity laser scanner calibration. In: 18th International Conference on Methods and Models in Automation and Robotics, MMAR 2013, pp. 742–747 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1109/mmar.2013.6670005
- 9.Zalud, L., Kocmanova, P.: Fusion of thermal imaging and CCD camera-based data for stereovision visual telepresence. In: 2013 IEEE International Symposium on Safety, Security, and Rescue Robotics, SSRR 2013 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1109/ssrr.2013.6719344