Design of Electrical Regulated Drainage with Energy Harvesting
This paper deals with the process of designing electrical regulated drainage, which has been done by the authors in the past years. It is focused especially on the development of power sources. Electrical drainage is used for the protection of underground devices (pipelines) from the corrosive effects of stray currents. The drainage is connected between the pipeline and railway or tramway rails. This electrical regulated drainage can work without an external power source. Power supply from the power network or a battery is possible; however, users often come with the requirement that there should not be such a source. For this reason, energy harvesting systems were developed to get energy from current flowing through the drainage and voltage on the drainage, using them for the control circuits of the drainage. This paper describes the construction and laboratory testing of circuits developed for energy harvesting.
KeywordsElectrical drainage Energy harvesting Anticorrosive protection
- 1.Kolar, V., Hrbac, R., Mlcak, T.: Investigating ground currents leaking from rails in DC and AC traction. In: Proceedings of the 8th International Scientific Symposium on Electrical Power Engineering, Elektroenergetika 2015, 16–18 September 2015. Technical University of Kosice, Stara Lesna (2015). ISBN 978-805532187-5Google Scholar
- 2.Bartlomiejczyk, M., Polom, M.: Spatial aspects of tram and trolleybus supply system. In: Proceedings of 8th International Scientific Symposium on Electrical Power Engineering (Elektroenergetika), Stara Lesna, pp. 223–227 (2015). ISBN 978-80-553-2187-5Google Scholar
- 4.Repka, M., Danel, R., Neustupa, Z.: Intelligent control of treatment technological processes in preparation plants using neural networks. In: SGEM2013 Conference Proceedings, 16–22 June 2013, pp. 441–447 (2013). ISBN 978-954-91818-9-0/ISSN 1314-2704Google Scholar
- 5.Hrbac, R., Kolar, V., Mlcak, T.: Limiting the influence of regulated electrical drainage on track circuits. Elektronika ir Elektrotechnika 2(5), 99–110 (2016). ISSN 1392-1215Google Scholar
- 7.Ali, S.A., Ali, S.H., Khan, S.N., Aman, M.A.: Energy harvesting for remote wireless sensor network nodes. Int. J. Adv. Comput. Sci. Appl. 9(4), 198–203 (2018)Google Scholar