Impact of Parameter Variation on Sensorless Indirect Field Oriented Control of Induction Machine
A method is taken to the control of induction motor based electric drives without the aid of shaft mounted speed or position sensors. This method is called sensorless control. This paper describes a set of three observers used to estimate rotor speed and rotor flux angle which is needed to perform the Park transformation in Indirect Field Oriented Control (IFOC). The validity of the proposed method has been verified by simulation in Matlab and experimentation with frequency inverter controlled by digital signal controller (DSC). The accuracy of the speed estimate relies on the parameters of the machine, such as rotor time constant and stator resistance. These parameters variation causes an estimation error of the motor speed. This error could result in the decrease of control performance. This paper describes the effect of the motor parameters variation on angular velocity estimation.
KeywordsInduction machine Sensorless indirect field oriented control Pseudo sliding-mode observer
This work was supported by Slovak Scientific Grant Agency VEGA No. 1/0774/18. and by project ITMS: 26220120046, co-funded from EU sources and European Regional Development Fund.
- 1.Rodríguez-Reséndiz, J, Rivas-Araiza E., Herrera-Ruiz, G.: Indirect field oriented control of an induction machine sensing DC-link current. In: IEEE Electronics, Robotics and Automotive Mechanics Conference (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Kohlrusz, G., Fodor, D.: Comparison of scalar and vector control strategies of induction motors University of Pannonia, Faculty of Engineering (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Brandstetter, P., Kuchar, M.: Rotor flux estimation using voltage model of induction motor. Technical University of Ostrava (2015)Google Scholar
- 4.Vittek, J., Dodds, J.S.: Forced dynamics control of electric drives (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Kacenka, V., Rafajdus, P., Makys, P., Vavrus, V., Szabo, L.: Static and dynamic fault analysis of switched reluctance motor. University of Zilina, Faculty of Electrical Engineering (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Soliman, H.M.: Effect of the parameters variation for induction motor on its performance characteristics with field oriented control compared to scalar control (2016)Google Scholar
- 7.Timer, J., Adzic, E., Porobic, V., Marcetic, D.: Influence of rotor time constant error on IFOC control structure (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Dumnic, B., Ivanovic, Z., Katic, V., Vasic, V., Delimar, M.: Sensorless vector control and effects of machine parameters mismatch in variable speed wind turbines (2007)Google Scholar