A Control System for Power Electronics with an NXP Kinetis Series Microcontroller
This article describes the design and implementation of a Power Electronics Control System, which is based on the selected NXP Kinetis series microcontroller, the KV58 family. The introduction describes the specific requirements of the Power Electronics for the Control System and units. The properties of the selected microcontroller, topology design and realization are described in the following sections. The experimental results and application of the proposed Control System are shown in the final part of this article.
KeywordsControl system for power electronics Hardware design Microcomputer electronics Microcontroller Industrial electronics
This paper was supported by the project Reg. No. SP2018/162 funded by the Student Grant Competition of VSB – Technical University of Ostrava.
- 1.KV5x Sub-Family Reference Manual: Supports:MKV58F1M0Vxx24, MKV56F1M0Vxx24, MKV58F512Vxx24, MKV56F512Vxx24. In: Reference Manuals. NXP Semiconductors (2016). http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/reference-manuals/KV5XP144M240RM.pdf. Accessed 20 July 2018
- 2.Kommaraju, N.V.: Design trends in PLC-based control systems. In: Control Engineering, September 2011. http://www.controleng.com/search/search-single-display/design-trends-in-plc-based-control-systems/6d130ad861.html
- 3.Bychkov, M., Fedorenko, A.: Microcontroller with ARM kernel and real time operating system. In: 2016 (IX) International Conference on Power Drives Systems (ICPDS) (2016). https://doi.org/10.1109/icpds.2016.7756684
- 4.Šetka, V., Tolar, D.: Motor controller designed for robotics based on microcontroller with integrated EtherCAT. In: 19th International Carpathian Control Conference (ICCC) (2018). https://doi.org/10.1109/carpathiancc.2018.8399643
- 5.Kommu, A., Rao Kanchi, R.: Designing a learning platform for the implementation of serial standards using ARM microcontroller LPC2148. In: 1st International Conference on Recent Advances and Innovations in Engineering (2014). https://doi.org/10.1109/icraie.2014.6909185
- 6.He, X., Wang, Z., Fang, H.: An embedded robot controller based on ARM and FPGA. In: 4th IEEE International Conference on Information Science and Technology (2014). https://doi.org/10.1109/icist.2014.6920574
- 8.Rao Kanchi, R., Varadarajula, R.P.G., Kommu, A.: Design and development of a low-cost student experiments for teaching ARM based embedded system laboratory. In: IEEE International Conference on Teaching, Assessment and Learning for Engineering (TALE) (2013). https://doi.org/10.1109/tale.2013.6654491