Servo Controller Design and Fault Detection Algorithm for Speed Control of a Conveyor System
This paper proposes a servo controller design and fault detection algorithm for speed control of a conveyor system. Firstly, modeling for a conveyor system is described. Secondly, the robust servo controller based on polynomial differential operator is applied to track the trapezoidal velocity profile reference input. Thirdly, a fault detection algorithm based on Extended Kalman Filter (EKF) is proposed. From the EKF, the estimated angular velocity indicates the encoder failure. The estimated friction indicates the mechanical failure. Fault isolation is obtained by the friction bound. Finally, the simulation and experimental results are shown to verify the effectiveness of the proposed algorithm.
KeywordsInternal model principle Servo system Speed control Fault detection Kalman Filter
This research was supported by a Research Grant of Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology (HUTECH) (2018 year).
- 1.Lin, C.T., Hung, C.W., Liu, C.W.: Fuzzy PI controller for BLDC motors considering variable sampling effect. In: 33rd Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, IECON 2007, pp. 5–8 (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Nguyen, T.H., Lee, J.W., Kim, H.K., Tran, T.P., Choe, Y.W., Dinh, V.T., Kim, S.B.: Servo controller design for speed control of BLDC motors using polynomial differential operator method. In: Recent Advances in Electrical Engineering and Related Sciences, LNEE, vol. 371, pp. 353–365 (2015)Google Scholar
- 8.Li, X.G., Miao, C.Y., Wang, W., Zhang, Y.: Fault automatic detection method for steel cord conveyor belt based on the regularity analysis. Int. J. Dig. Content Technol. Appl. 6(1), 226–234 (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Jiang, X.P., Cao, G.Q.: Belt conveyor roller fault audio detection based on the wavelet neural network. In: 11th International Conference on Natural Computation, pp. 954–958 (2015)Google Scholar
- 10.Kanmani, M., Nivedha, J., Sundar, G.: Belt conveyor monitoring and fault detecting using PLC and SCADA. Int. J. Adv. Res. Electr. Electron. Instrum. Eng. 3, 243–248 (2014)Google Scholar
- 11.Krener, A.J.: The convergence of the extended Kalman filter. In: LNCIS, vol. 286, pp. 173–182 (2003)Google Scholar