Throughput Analysis of Power Beacon-Aided Multi-hop Relaying Networks Employing Non-orthogonal Multiple Access with Hardware Impairments
In this paper, we evaluate throughput of a power beacon-aided multi-hop relaying networks employing non-orthogonal multiple access (NOMA). In the proposed protocol, the source data are sent to the destination via the multi-hop transmission model. In addition, the source and relay nodes have to harvest energy the radio frequency (RF) signals generated by a power beacon. For performance evaluation, we derive an exact closed-form expression of throughput for the proposed scheme over Rayleigh fading channel and under impact of imperfect transceiver hardware. We finally perform simulation results to verify the theoretical results.
KeywordsMulti-hop relaying networks Beacon-aided energy harvesting NOMA Throughput
This work was supported by the VSB-Technical University of Ostrava, Czech Republic - Networks and Telecommunications Technologies for Smart Cities under SGS Grant SP2018/59.
- 5.Tin, P.T., Nam, P.M., Duy, T.T., Voznak, M.: Security-reliability analysis for a cognitive multi-hop protocol in cluster networks with hardware imperfections. IEIE Trans. Smart Process. Comput. 6(3), 200–209 (2017)Google Scholar
- 10.Tin, P.T., Hung, D.T., Duy, T.T., Voznak, M.: Security-reliability analysis of NOMA – based multi-hop relay networks in presence of an active eavesdropper with imperfect eavesdropping CSI. Adv. Electr. Electron. Eng. 15(4), 591–597 (2017)Google Scholar
- 14.Hieu, T.D., Duy, T.T., Choi, S.G.: Performance enhancement for harvest-to-transmit cognitive multi-hop networks with best path selection method under presence of eavesdropper. In: The 20th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Communications Technology (ICACT 2018), Gangwondo, Korea, pp. 323–328 (2018)Google Scholar
- 21.Herhold, P., Zimmermann, E., Fettweis, G.: A simple cooperative extension to wireless relaying. In: 2004 International Zurich Seminar on Communications, Zurich, Switzerland, February 2004Google Scholar
- 23.Duy, T.T., Son, P.N.: Secrecy performances of multicast underlay cognitive protocols with partial relay selection and without eavesdropper’s information. KSII Trans. Internet Inf. Syst. 9(11), 4623–4643 (2015)Google Scholar