An Examination of Outage Performance for Selected Relay and Fixed Relay in Cognitive Radio-Aided NOMA
In this paper, we consider impacts of relay selection scheme on primary network performance in cognitive radio (CR) assisted non-orthogonal multiple access (NOMA). We suggest relay selection model to improve the outage performance at primary network. In this model, the fixed power allocation in NOMA is deployed to achieve considered simulation results. To completely study the profits of the NOMA scheme, we derive closed-form formula for the outage probability. We find that the CR-NOMA enhances its performance as suitable selection of relay intending to forward signal to NOMA users. It is shown several performance comparison in such CR-NOMA as varying the target rates at relay and destination. Numerical results are extensively studied to confirm that our proposed CR-NOMA outperforms the other designs in terms of outage probability.
KeywordsNon-orthogonal multiple access (NOMA) Decode-and-forward (DF) Primary network Outage probability
This research received funding from the grant No. SP2018/59 conducted by VSB-Technical University of Ostrava, Czech Republic.
- 5.Kader, M., Shahab, M., Shin, S.: Exploiting non-orthogonal multiple access in cooperative relay sharing. IEEE Commun. LettGoogle Scholar
- 6.Al-Imari, M., Xiao, P., Imran, M.A., Tafazolli, R.: Uplink nonorthogonal multiple access for 5G wireless networks. In: Proceedings of 11th International Symposium Wireless Communications Systems (ISWCS), pp. 781-785, August 2014Google Scholar
- 10.Nguyen, T.T., Pham, M.-N., Do, D.-T.: Wireless powered underlay cognitive radio network with multiple primary transceivers: energy constraint, node arrangement and energy harvesting policies. Int. J. Commun. Syst. (Wiley) 30(18), e3372 (2017)Google Scholar
- 11.Pham, M.-N., Do, D.-T., Nguyen, T.-T., Phu, T.-T.: Energy harvesting assisted cognitive radio: random location-based transceivers scheme and performance analysis. Telecommun. Syst. 67(1), 123–132 (2018)Google Scholar
- 13.Nguyen, T.-L., Do, D.-T.: A new look at AF two-way relaying networks: energy harvesting architecture and impact of co-channel interference. Ann. Telecommun. 72(11), 669–678 (2017)Google Scholar
- 16.Nguyen, K.T., Do, D.-T., Nguyen, X.X., Nguyen, N.T., Ha, D.H.: Wireless information and power transfer for full duplex relaying networks: performance analysis. In: Proceeding of Recent Advances in Electrical Engineering and Related Sciences (AETA 2015), HCMC, Vietnam, pp. 53–62 (2015)Google Scholar