Stochastic Programming for Energy Plant Operation
A stochastic programming model of the operation of energy plants with the introduction of photovoltaic generation and a storage battery is developed. The uncertainty of the output of the photovoltaic generation is represented by a set of discrete scenarios, and the expected value of the operation cost is minimized. The effectiveness of the stochastic programming model by comparing it with the deterministic model is shown. As an economic evaluation, the recovery period for the initial investment of photovoltaic generation and storage battery is also shown.
KeywordsStochastic programming Optimization Energy plant Operational planning Photovoltaic generation Unit commitment problem
- 1.Suzuki, R., Okamoto, T.: An introduction of the energy plant operational planning problem: a formulation and solutions. In: IEEJ International Workshop on Sensing, Actuation, and Motion Control (2015)Google Scholar
- 2.Inui, N., Tokoro, K.: Finding the feasible solution and lower bound of the energy plant operational planning problem by an MILP formulation. In: IEEJ International Workshop on Sensing, Actuation, and Motion Control (2015)Google Scholar
- 6.NEDO New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization.http://www.nedo.go.jp/library/nissharyou.html. Accessed 03 Nov 2017
- 7.Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry. http://www.enecho.meti.go.jp/category/saving_and_new/ohisama_power/common/pdf/guideline-2013.pdf Accessed 18 Dec 2017
- 8.Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry. http://www.enecho.meti.go.jp/committee/council/basic_problem_committee/028/pdf/28sankou2-2.pdf Accessed 18 Dec 2017