A Tool-Supported Approach for Building the Architecture and Roadmap in MegaM@Rt2 Project
- 179 Downloads
MegaM@Rt2 is a large European project dedicated to the provisioning of a model-based methodology and supporting tooling for system engineering at a wide scale. It notably targets the continuous development and runtime validation of such complex systems by developing the MegaM@Rt2 framework to address a large set of engineering processes and application domains. This collaborative project involves 27 partners from 6 different countries, 9 industrial case studies as well as over 30 different tools from project partners (and others). In the context of the project, we opted for a pragmatic model-driven approach in order to specify the case study requirements, design the high-level architecture of the MegaM@Rt2 framework, perform the gap analysis between the industrial needs and current state-of-the-art, and to plan a first framework development roadmap accordingly. The present paper concentrates on the concrete examples of the tooling approach for building the framework architecture. In particular, we discuss the collaborative modeling, requirements definition tooling, approach for components modeling, traceability and document generation. The paper also provides a brief discussion of the practical lessons we have learned from it so far.
KeywordsModel-driven engineering Requirement engineering Architecture UML SysML Traceability Document generation Modelio
This project has received funding from the Electronic Component Systems for European Leadership Joint Undertaking under grant agreement No. 737494. This Joint Undertaking receives support from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program and from Sweden, France, Spain, Italy, Finland and Czech Republic.
- 1.ECSEL JU MegaM@Rt2 Project Website (2018). https://megamart2-ecsel.eu/
- 3.Wallin P, Johnsson S, Axelsson J (2009) Issues related to development of E/E product line architectures in heavy vehicles. In: 42nd Hawaii international conference on system sciences (HICSS 2009), Big Island, HI, USA. IEEEGoogle Scholar
- 5.Afzal W, Bruneliere H, Di Ruscio D, Sadovykh A, Mazzini S, Cariou E, Truscan D, Cabot J, Field D, Pomante L, Smrz P (2017) The MegaM@Rt2 ECSEL project: MegaModelling at runtime - scalable model-based framework for continuous development and runtime validation of complex systems. In: 20th EUROMICRO conference on digital system design (DSD). IEEEGoogle Scholar
- 6.Bruneliere H, Mazzini S, Sadovykh A (2017) The MegaM@Rt2 approach and tool set. In: DeCPS workshop, 22nd international conference on reliable software technologies. ADA-EuropeGoogle Scholar
- 7.Desfray P (2015) Model repositories at the enterprises and systems scale: the modelio constellation solution. In: 1st international conference on information systems security and privacy (ICISSP). IEEEGoogle Scholar
- 8.ISO/IEC/IEEE (2011) ISO/IEC/IEEE 29148: Systems and software engineering – life cycle processes – requirements engineeringGoogle Scholar
- 9.ISO/IEC (2011) ISO/IEC 25010 systems and software engineering – systems and software quality requirements and evaluation (SquaRE) – system and software quality modelsGoogle Scholar
- 10.OMG: model driven architecture (MDA) Guide rev. 2.0. http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc?ormsc/14-06-01
- 11.OMG: OMG systems modeling language (OMG SysML), Version 1.4. http://www.omg.org/spec/SysML/1.4/
- 12.OMG: unified modeling language (UML), Version 2.5. http://www.omg.org/spec/UML/2.5/